whos been seeing campers on the road?

jimLE

I've been seeing/noticing a few campers on the road lately.and it seems like more then normal.im thinking that their on actual camping trips.maybe some folks are actually getting out of town.while the getting is good. i saw one truck n camper yesterday in which the camper wasn't doing right.when it comes to it being pulled.i figure it wasn't loaded right.or over loaded.

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
I'm not 'out and about' nearly as much as before COVID-19 so I can't comment on this in my area.
I will say that, if I had a camper, I'd probably be on the road, heading away from town...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I have not seen this myself, but that doesn't mean it's not happening here. The law has come down pretty hard on people being out and about, so if you were to go out and camp you would need to be way off the grid.

twp

Staff member
I hope people are not just going out for recreational camping, not now anyway.

It's a jungle out there...

WolfBrother

This time of year is normally when the Snow Birds head north from Texas. They overwinter in S. Texas to escape the North cold and oversummer in the North to escape the Texas Heat.

So seeing an increase in campers may be a normal thing.

jimLE

i seen them when im out and about.plus there's 2 hwy's that go through town.in which I can see one of them from my front door.some campers looked like they've been sitting near a tree or 2.for quite a while.

twp

Staff member
Keep any eye on those parked campers. If you can see them then they can see you...

jimLE

Now I'm hearing how swimming pool sale's is way up aß well as càmper/rv sales

twp

Staff member
Swimming pools? Do you mean permanent, in-ground or temporary, above ground types?
I'm curious why this might be happening. Water storage?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
What's happening is people want to play, but they can't go out and do it so they are staying home and finding things to do. I get it.

jimLE

Both ,above ground,and in ground àlike.im thinking it's because their getting them due to self quratine,and boardom

twp

Staff member
I can see the need for entertainment. Wish I had that kind of spare cash...