1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather...

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Feb 17, 2019.

  1. twp

    twp Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2018
    Messages:
    2,104
    Likes Received:
    1,970
    Right now, it's snowing heavily. We've got about 4 inches on the ground and it is below freezing, so no melting expected for a couple of days.

    If we had to leave right now (evacuate), we'd be ok for a few days with our BOBs. There are places we can find shelter in the neighborhood. If that was not possible (say an Earthquake has hit), I'd be ok staying outdoors for several nights, but my significant other would be doing anything to avoid camping in the snow, including accepting FEMA assistance... I'll take snow camp over FEMA any day...

    Since most of the US is currently either snowed in or at least very cold, what would your plans be if you had to do an emergency evacuation with only your BOB?
     
    Atlas likes this.
  2. jimLE

    jimLE Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2017
    Messages:
    400
    Likes Received:
    480
    I will have already gotten out a map in which i would of decided which location(s) that i can go to.and then planed as many routes as possible to each one.plus id load up my vehicle with everything possible needed for the trip and stay there.listen to the tv and/or radio to keep up with weather reports in hope that i can get out while the getting is good.but yet.id only do that if i had to.seeing how i most n likely can survive being snowed in a few days.earthquakes aint a primary concern to me.but wildfires. And tornado's are.maybe getting snowed in at least somewhat.
     
    twp and Atlas like this.
  3. Atlas

    Atlas Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2016
    Messages:
    3,173
    Likes Received:
    1,260
    Hopefully this is a localized event. If so, we would hear up and head out for the nearest big out location. If we aren't trying to hide anything then we are going to move as quickly as possible. It's about 10 miles, so even in real bad conditions we should be fine to make it in one day, possibly two. The next location is about 120 miles after that, so if plan A was a no go we would be looking for a ride somehow.
     
    twp and jimLE like this.