Weather Hits Back

WolfBrother

As well as I am able.

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Just stay safe.

WolfBrother

As I write this I’m sitting in my living room wearing shorts and a T-shirt with my last Thursday surgically repaired formerly broken right foot elevated.

Of the most probable issues I should prepare for the only area I’m a bit short in is getting thru a summer time more than a couple of hour power outage.

twp

Staff member
Ouch. As the saying goes: "Don't Do That"... I hope you recover soon.

I'm good for about six hours without main power but only because my laptop battery lasts that long. After that time, I'm faced with the ethical choice of opening the non-working refrigerator and risking spoiling some food stuffs or just opening a candy bar and waiting. What to do, what to do?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Are they expecting this one to go north now? Last I saw it was headed straight for Brownsville.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
Looks like the route is west, into Mexico. Rolled over Brownsville.

twp

Staff member
Ouch, stay cool down there.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It's been in the low 90's here, and I've been trying to go for a swim in the nearby lake every day to cool off.

twp

Staff member
Same temps here, low 90's. We have a swamp cooler running most of the day and go through about 3-4 quarts of water each day. The river is too far away for a swim. I drench my head and shirt every hour or so. This too shall pass.