1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather alert for the US Midwest/East Coast

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Jan 27, 2019.

1. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

Not good news for those of us who live there. I hope you've done your prepping for this kind of event.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/polar-vo...-to-midwest-with-life-threatening-wind-chills

Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

It was 65 degrees here today. I'm ready to go back to winter now.

twp likes this.
  3. twp

We had frost this morning and it never got above 40F. You kept all the heat on your side of the mountain. :p

4. Atlas

I'll send some your way. It sounds like another storm is due later in the week. I sure hope it brings more snow.

5. twp

We are at 4500 ft. and just below the snow line. All the Sierra hills to the west are covered but not so much on our east side. I'd like to see more snow too, we can use the water for the aquifers in Nevada.
    Weather report says more rain (little snow) in about 5-6 days, but that prediction as often been wrong when it goes beyond about a week.
    Of course, the other side of the coin is when that snow melts. I've been through two floods, here, in the last couple of decades. We're safe up here on the hillside from everything less that a 500-1000 year flood, but most of lower Reno floods easily. But we have plans.

Atlas likes this.
  6. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

I have very little to deal with in the way of cold temps.for the next 10 day's. even then.that'll only be at night.there will be days in which i'll be able to open the front and back doors during the day..

Atlas likes this.
  7. Atlas

Is that normal for this time of year?

8. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

Not sure.but i think it varys winter to winter.i think i should of seen colder days by now.but yet.most of our real cold days is mid febuary

Atlas likes this.
  9. Atlas

Our winters can be like that as well. We often get most of our moisture between February and May.