1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing threads when not logged in

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Should people who aren't logged in or signed up be able to read all the sub-forums here? Should some be hidden from public view? All?

What is your thoughts on this?

I know that we have quite a few people reading who are not signed up. If you are not a member, but want to have a say in this, use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page and send me an email. I would appreciate any and all feedback on the subject.

2. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

I believe that,it's a great idea to keep some parts from viewing eyes ,when their not signed in.that might get them to join.plus.that'll let us post things,that we don't want non-members to see.

Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Initially, I wanted to leave it all open to bring people in. I still think that it's a good idea to allow folks to see what kind of posts are being made here, but there is definitely something to be said for having a place that is more secure set aside.

For now, I have closed the "Intel" section of to the outside world.

4. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Atlas; good idea. Let me warn everybody that "Nothing You Say On The Internet Is Really Private".
    Sorry, although we can try to create more "private" space for discussion, there are other keys to all doors. Exercise common sense and avoid getting in radar range of those who want to exert control over you...

jimLE and Atlas like this.
  5. tulpa23

tulpa23 Well-Known Member

At least one of those on this thread is aware of the “BS”. Might want to discuss that offline among us.