1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venezuela just won't stop going down

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

This recent article was a good reminder that the people in Venezuela are still living in a collpase. It has been going on for so long that I almost forgot about the whole situation.

Military Seizes Control Of Water Supplies As Venezuelan Infrastructure Collapses

We can see here that what some have been saying all along is true. Water is what matters in the end. After a while the basics are all that anyone is worried about.

twp likes this.
  2. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

The military in Venezuela has become just another armed gang.
    This is something we must expect in our prepper plans for some threat scenarios.

Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

Definitely. I bet anyone with a well is really happy right now.

jimLE and twp like this.
  4. Atlas

5. twp

I do see a lot of trolls among the comment section... :rolleyes: It's hard to tell if those trolls are pushing their own agenda or are so frightened that they must deny even the ideas put forth by the author.

The article seems to be, In My Opinion, a true account by the author.

The message I take away is: "Get Out While You Can When The Warning Flags Go Up".
    Plus; "There are none so blind as those who will not see".

For those who cannot or will not leave, the way is much more difficult. I give you Chicago, Illinois as an example.

6. Atlas

I get why people stay, even after they should have left. It's human nature to think that you can ride it out.

Part of my preparedness plan is lines in the sand. I have a couple actually, one to leave the state, one to leave the country. It is possible that both will be crossed at the same time, but unlikely. I started checking boxes years ago, and once they are all checked I will move on. This is a slightly flawed approach, but I can't come up with a better way.

7. twp

Human nature is why people hold Hurricane parties in Florida. Genetic selection in action?

We have only rudimentary plans for getting out of this state. Plans for escaping the city are much better developed but I'm nowhere near the point of successful execution. If push comes to shove, we can leave the city on foot, heading for one of several safe(r) locations.

The highest risk is while we would be traveling within the city itself, with decreasing risk the farther away we can get. Leaving early, preferably before most of the city becomes aware of a pending crisis, is the best option, but first I must convince my family that it is time to go...

Atlas likes this.