1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The plague

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

2. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member

Fortunately, the various strains of Plague can be treated with antibiotic. The trick is to diagnose AND have a stock of the correct antibiotic...

Atlas likes this.
  3. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Doxycycline, first or second line treatment for many bioweapons and general bugs.

Atlas likes this.
  4. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

5. twp

I also read many suggestions about "fish" antibiotics as being the same as "human" formulas and far less expensive... I'm NOT recommending them, but suggest some research might help the prepper.

Atlas likes this.
  6. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Pretty sure fish meds of identical formula made in the same factory, FDA requires same purity standards for them. Think, what would be the sense in building another factory using the same chemical processes, just to produce an inferior product?

Atlas likes this.
  7. twp

I think you just described an off-shore manufacturing plant and not just for pharmaceuticals. Think about foreign auto plants, cheap import goods of all types.

Fish meds may be safe enough if the manufacturer is the same and you trust the label on the product.

Atlas likes this.
  8. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Atlas likes this.
  9. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Good points.
    I haven’t looked lately, but ADC might be cheaper than some fish med sources, worth looking at. They also have far more varieties, as fish dosing is very limited.

Atlas likes this.
  10. twp

My reference is to cost. The off-shore plants were created exactly for that reason, to reduce cost of manufacture.

It is another entire question as to whether the product purity will meet the import rules...

Atlas likes this.
  11. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

A side note to India is patent/generic. Here I believe patents protect the chemical formula of a drug, whereas in India their patents protect the method of manufacture, if you can make the same chemical with a different method, you have not violated the patent protection and are free to make that drug. That being said, I recall an ED drug that cannot be shipped to the US.

Atlas likes this.
  12. Atlas

So, all those meds can be shipped to the US? Interesting.

I have personally used fishmox, it works just fine and I'm still alive. I would do it again, and I have more stored.

13. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Ordering without an actual Rx is a little tricky, there is advice at your other home.

Atlas likes this.
  14. Atlas

Roger. Think it's safe to repost?

15. twp

If it is info on where order, no, not safe.

Atlas likes this.
  16. Atlas

I'm not going to pretend to tell people I know anything about this stuff, so I'll come right out and say it. In no way, shape or form am I giving anyone medical advice here. Try any of this stuff at your own risk, I cannot recommend any of it.

The best option for all meds is to talk to a doctor and get a prescription, or even better find a homeopathic alternative that you can reproduce yourself.

17. tulpa23

tulpa23 Active Member

Not sure what homeopathic remedy that I can reproduce myself will take down bubonic plague or anthrax. Please advise.
    The Rx thing isn’t that scary, check conversation email here

18. Atlas

I am very lucky that not only am I healthy and don't need meds, no one in my family or inner circle do. Because of this, I don't know that much about these types of things.

I mostly stock first aid and trauma types of meds, because that is what I've needed in the past and will probably need in the future. Since there are so many probable scenarios where someone might need meds it is hard for me to say that I will stick one thing or the other, nothing really seems likely in my world. Luckily. So, I don't feel it is urgent.

As for homeopathic remedies for Anthrax and the plague, I don't know off hand. Let me consult my library today and get back to you. Maybe there is?

19. twp

Personally, I don't want to risk triggering a visit from one of the Alphabet Agencies. The big pharma companies are noted for protecting their "turf"...

Atlas likes this.
  20. Atlas

Definitely a good point @twp.

An Anthrax attack is such a slim possibility, I put it very low on my prep list. Any suggestions for homeopathic treatment would be appreciated, because I have none currently recorded.

The Plague, is a bit further up the prep list. Here are some things that I know, there are homeopathic treatments and plenty written on treatment and symptoms. One site I have bookmarked is this one.

Top 10 Safe and Proven Natural Cure For Bubonic Plague (Black Death)

If anyone else has other info to share, it would be much appreciated.