1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Karrimor sabre 45 liter pack review.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by hypnos, Apr 22, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

20190421_115020.jpg I put my gear through allot of use. Not abuse usually, but realistic, hard use in all environments. I travel the united states and take my gear with me through deserts, jungle, wooded, and mountain terrain. Through 4 years of this my main go to pack has been the UK made karrimor sabre 45.

The 45 liter pack can be made small enough to carry every day, and even fit in carry on in a aircraft, yet can be added onto with additional pouches to nearly double it's capacity. It is the pack used by the UK military and special forces, and it isn't hard to see why. First, the negatives.

It isn't hydration compatible in its basic state, it requires a seperate sleeve, added to the side of the pack to hold a bladder.

And second, it isn't a pack for people who need allot of small pockets for organization, like the majority of top quality American made options.

It lacks bells and whistles, but makes up for it with pure and simple utility in a very robust, and versatile pack, with a light internal "frame" that can be removed, made of a very durable foam.

Comfort and airflow is quite good, the waist belt and shoulder straps have generous padding for very heavy loads of ammunition, or other dense material, and the sternum strap is perfectly adequate and adjustable.

Special ammunition/magazine , radio, medical pouches are also available and are attached to the packs sides for added versatility. They attach with zippers and buckles for redundancy.

The overall build quality is excellent, as good or better as nearly any other brand. Even mystery ranch.

This pack is perfect for a minimalist or woodsman that does not require allot of gear, no pals webbing means that it doesn't appear as military as some other options, but that comes with the inability to attach other pouches to the outside should you want to.

Bottom line: I'd recommend it for people who can pack relatively light, and want a bugout bag (although it is more of a bag for a woodsman, or bushcrafter) that is good for any environment. But not for people who intend to carry loads of gear with every possible contingency item.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

Excellent. It's nice to hear about gear outside the norm. Thank you.

hypnos likes this.
  3. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

No problem! Been a while since i did a review. I'll be doing more soon.

Atlas likes this.