Special Bulletin- the movie

Russell Williams

Special Bulletin is one of the better TV movies that I have seen. Especially for sick puppies like us. Click where it says YouTube and you will be taken there instead of messing up the bandwidth of the board website
Russ

Last edited:

WolfBrother

I remember watching it back when.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I have not seen it, but I will download and add it to my play list. Thanks!

Reactions: twp

WolfBrother

I have not seen it, but I will download and add it to my play list. Thanks!
Definitely worth a watch.

Did some quick research and advanced designs gives 1kg of Pu = 0.1KTon (100 Ton) explosive yield.
So their 5+kg Pu implosion bomb is in the 1/2 kilo-ton explosive yield size.
The implosion bomb "Fat Man" at Nagasaki was in the 21KTon (21,000 Ton) yield.

Russell Williams

I found the end chilling. The movie that first got me into Civil Defense as an 11 or 12 year old was the GE Playhouse presentation of Alas Babylon. I can still remember the actress who played Payton screaming about being blind when the nuke detonated. I wish it would show up online. I would pay for a DVD copy of it.

Last edited:

WolfBrother

Thread drift.

Do not remember Alas Babylon.

Do remember watching a version of Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s “One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich”. A political prisoner in a Russian Gulag.

Do remember JFK’s Cuban embargo speech. All Mom kept saying was, “If it’s war, we’re going to the store tomorrow and buying lots of sugar and flour.” (During WW II flour and sugar was heavily rationed.)

Between that and the “Be Prepared” motto, I didn’t have a chance.

WolfBrother

Yup, I think he helped get a young charismatic war hero elected President with that stunt.