1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help needed

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 9, 2018 at 6:44 AM.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I am looking for real life examples of stories where people have needed to use their survival gear. Whether it be a personal kit, bag, or kit in their car.

Does anyone know of it want to share some examples?

2. jimLE

jimLE Member

I haven't had to do any of things,that you described. But yet,i did dig into my food supplies,the 1st month to month and half,after moving into where i live now.on account I had to cut down on expenses. For the time being.now I'm slowly .restocking my food supplies.

Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

That is a great example of using preps! Interruptions in income are always going to he something that we should prep for. Having the ability to live off of stored foods for a while can make a huge difference. I have had to do this a few times, and every time I have been very glad that I thought ahead.

jimLE likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Active Member

I've used my get home kit a couple of times when I had a vehicle breakdown, mostly survival blankets to keep warm that sort of thing.

Atlas and jimLE like this.
  5. Atlas

I think get home kits are definitely the most used prep ever. I too have had to use mine on several occasions. Warm clothes, food, and water are definitely going to be a good thing to have. Especially if you drive old clunkers like I do.

jimLE likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Active Member

mine stays in the car permanently.

Atlas likes this.