Silver prices

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Ouch! And the advertised price is only $/32.69 IN THOUSAND OUNCE QUANTITY!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I take plain old circulated coins please. The BU premium just adds to the pain.

Spot is $22.54/oz as I write this...

twp

Staff member
Yes... Not because Silver will be more valuable, but because the Fiat dollar value will fall/fail/collapse.

twp

Staff member
The US dollar died the day we went off the gold backed currency, in 1933.

History of the Gold Standard

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-the-history-of-the-gold-standard-3306136

What we have now, called Fiat Currency, is not convertible to Gold. It is worth exactly as much as someone can convince someone else to accept in a transaction. "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute" - P.T. Barnum

[edit] I make that about 97 years ago... About one human lifetime... Services for the Fiat dollar will not be held...

Last edited:

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Odd random fact, my first girl friend was a great grand daughter of PT Barnum. Her mother's maiden name was Barnum.

Anyways, I'd argue that the dollar died in 1913 but who is counting. It was probably Nixon that killed it in all fairness, but if you look at when the peak of power for the Petro-dollar was you could argue it was Obama that really sealed the deal.

twp

Staff member
Got Gold? Got Silver? It's a Prepper thing to do...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Aye. I might have a coin or two, somewheres around here. The thing is I tend to go boating a lot and I have loose pockets so sometimes they fall out.

twp

Staff member
Don't you just hate those boating accidents? I've lost some nice tools that way also.