1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your favorite food storage calculator or spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Farming, Gardening, & Homesteading' started by Atlas, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

There are several good food storage calculators and food storage spreadsheets floating around these days, let's try and collect them all in one place. This way new folks can find something that works for them and those who have been using one for a while can see if there is something better out there. What do you use or recommend?

2. Atlas

3. Atlas

4. Sally Rudd

Sally Rudd Member

I like the Food Storage Made Easy plans. They have 2 that I have used the first is a 3 month plan which works from a menu, the second is a longer term food plan that is more an inventory type.

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/fsme/docs/3monthfoodsupply.pdf

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/fsme/docs/foodstoragecalculator.pdf

I like the 3 month list as it is easy for someone not experienced in food storage to get a handle on exactly what is needed per meal and is a good lead in to further storage. It can also be used for shorter or longer terms. It also translates well into other countries as you insert what you use.
    The longer term plan is simple to use too and once you have a handle on the 3 month plan it is easy to use the two in conjunction.

Their Baby Steps programme is really useful for complete beginners and quite literally walks you through the first principles of prepping

Atlas likes this.
  5. Atlas

Both of those are great resources. Thank you for posting them. I like the menu approach, since it encourages the thought of storing what you eat.

I have uploaded both of these .pdf files just in case they go away.

Attached Files:

6. Sally Rudd

Sally Rudd Member

Brilliant! I'm not much of a bright spark in the tech department and wouldn't have a clue how to post as pdf. Thanks.:)

Atlas likes this.
  7. Atlas

If you have the .pdf downloaded it is very easy. Just like a picture, push the "upload file" button and away you go.