1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series - Finding Community Prepping Resources

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, May 23, 2019.

1. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

This is a multi-part series and I will update this post as the other parts become available.
    Thanks to the author and James Wesley, Rawles of SurvivalBlog.com for this information.

Part 1) https://survivalblog.com/finding-community-prepping-resources-part-1-3adscout/

Part 2) https://survivalblog.com/finding-community-prepping-resources-part-2-3adscout/

Form the article:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    hypnos and Atlas like this.
  2. twp

The final part (2) has been posted and is linked above.

Do take the time to read this as it may give you ideas for trading in your own, local, area.

I particularly like the recommendation to get to know the owners of local shops and stores, particularly in a possible future situation when you really need to be trusted before a transaction may be offered...

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  3. twp

Thanks Jerry. I do see springs mapped on USGS topographical maps. In town, they have been capped and diverted/funneled into pipes, not necessarily into the sewer lines because the sewer plant doesn't want to deal with the added water volume. I looked and noted manholes in the immediate area of some of the springs. Mostly those are flowing into local lakes and ponds and eventually into the river system.

Jerry D Young and Atlas like this.