Series - 250+ Books That Will Help Rebuild Civilization

Jerry D Young

Trusted Member
Some of my thoughts on rebuilding civilization after a long-term WROL or PAW situation where there has been a large die-off, major destruction of infrastructure, and the loss of many sources of information.

I believe it will take a library, teaching tools, a very long term cache of a few specific items, and a plan for future generations to get to the point where they can begin.

I have been working on this very thing for many years. I currently have a physical library of several hundred books and an electronic library (on multiple storage mediums, with multiple means to use them, with multiple means of powering them, and multiple backup sets of each) of over 70,000 books and adding from 30 to 100 a day, almost all of them free Kindle editions. Covering every aspect of creating a society and civilization from scratch if necessary, beginning in as many as 300 to 500 years in the future.

The books include the standard types for gardening, medical, alternative energy, defense, building, demolition, and on and on and on. However, I also am including philosophical texts, educational texts, how-to-teach texts, religious texts, histories, and dozens of other genres. Including fiction of almost all types, as fiction gives many insights on humans and humanity. Not to mention some entertainment which will be necessary at times.

Attached are some of my additional thoughts on the subject.
(It is very long, and much of it is in the form of lists. There is quite a bit of duplicated information, but I am too lazy to redo the article.)

Everything is just my opinion.

Attachments

• PAW Recovery.pdf
    939.7 KB · Views: 275
Day To Day Preppers