Seasons are changing - Fall is here

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Our daytime temperatures are falling quickly here in Reno. Nights are still above freezing, but that could change in the next few weeks.
The leaves on our deciduous trees have not yet started to turn color, but that too will change in a couple of weeks.

What kind of Preps are all of you doing for the Fall season?

WolfBrother

In Texas, for the most part in my AO we have these seasons

HOT
Not Quite as HOT
Not HOT
Not Quite as HOT
Repeat

Every now and then something happens and we got this strange weather. Its VERY NOT HOT. I have to wear Long Sleeves and Long Pants and the lever on the A/C control gets moved into the other position. That always makes the air coming out have weird smell for a couple of hours.

I pretty much do the same preps.
I have a room in the house (smallest Bedroom and Guest Bathroom next two it) set up where i can turn it into my Warm or Cool rooms if need be.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty well prepped for winter at this point. My biggest prep right now is deer season. I've been out quite a bit, but no luck yet. I hope this will change, but the smoke has seriously changed the way the animals are moving.

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
That smoke is nasty. Right now it is being blown north and we have relatively clear skys. I hope we get rain next week (forecast), but we'll see what happens.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
We are still a month out on rain, or more.

It is nice that it cools off at night and gives some relief.

Reactions: twp

soyer38301

I had been seeing deer here all summer. Now that hunting season is close....nada, nothing, zip...

Typical.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like we might get rain this weekend. That should help get them moving and hopefully scare off some people from my woods.

Dogman

I'm pretty well prepped for winter at this point. My biggest prep right now is deer season. I've been out quite a bit, but no luck yet. I hope this will change, but the smoke has seriously changed the way the animals are moving.
My relatives used to set out salt licks to lure in the game...Never went thru a winter without food..