1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sacrifice, and other foreign concepts.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Feb 23, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

We are the spoiled children of the world. We have had it so good for so long, do many of us even remember what it is to truly struggle, day to day for our survival and our livelihood? You may have difficulties, we all do. But how many of us understand what sacrifice is, and what it means?

Nothing we have today that we cherish came without it, and we will not keep or maintain it without adequate sacrifice.

When I was in Mexico i learned of a game similar to lacrosse that ancient Aztec people played, with the best teams in the sport receiving the honor of participation for the royals and gods. The victors of the games (not the losers) recieved the honor of death, as the only worthy sacrifice to their deity. Only the best were adequate, as they so often are, regardless of the particular goal or respect to ideology.

The question I ask myself is, am I a worthy sacrifice to my god and my country?

I met a devout catholic man at a gun range several years ago shooting a custom made (by him) .20 tactical wildcat precision rifle.

He told me he had two goals in his life for his eventual death.

The first, while he lived that his fellow man consider him to be a gentleman.

And finally, at his death, that his god would consider him a Christian.

That is all he hoped for.