Riots

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
All the more reason to remove any funding to the UN by the US. They can, right now, make "legal" hassles on the international stage. It is all game play, but it would distract people from the real threats, such as the rioting/protesting/illegal "immigrants" and open a door for countries like Russia and China to move closer to our shores. Example is Venezuela and Cuba. I wouldn't discount Canada either, they are moving left too. Internally, the entire west coast is moving left, politically. That is Washington State, Oregon and California. All things to watch...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
The problem that I see with all of this is that these people want to trade LEO's that are accountable on a local level for LEO's that are accountable only on a global level. I wonder why they don't see that this means zero accountability? It might be better for a minute or two, but from there it will slide down hill very fast.

soyer38301

If there is no local LEO, who's law is being enforced? What I see happening in the scenario is that each group will have it's own "rules" which will/would be total chaos -- but that is what the "powers that be" are looking for so they can swoop in and safe the day.

twp

Staff member
Thus are revolutions started... Watch any city which "defunds" their police department. What will step in to replace them?
I'm guessing the neighborhood gangs will be first, then vigilantes. I don't look forward to that.

twp

Staff member
Not much. There have been gatherings, but the violence has stopped. Perhaps because armed people are making their presence know with open carry in front of businesses and .gov buildings. The curfew was lifted but limits placed on the number of people in groups after dark.

Heavy police presence all over town, officers downtown and cars patrolling across the whole city.

We still have idiots from Antifa here, but they are being quieter than normal, not appearing in their normal garb (black) since last Sunday.

Our local newspaper is showing their bias, for example this headline:

"Reno's Black Lives Matter vigil ends peacefully despite arrival of armed militia"
https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/06/07/reno-black-lives-matter-vigil-ends-quietly-despite-arrival-militia-nevada-george-floyd/3173296001/

There is no "despite" here, it was more likely "because" of the armed militia. And they were NOT militia, just armed people guarding building entrances.

This is still a relatively peaceful town, compared to other cities back east...

twp

Staff member
No proof offered on this, but circumstances point in that direction...

twp

Staff member
Expected when the Police "stand down" and allow it to happen. Seattle itself is very liberal, politically, and the citizens will allow this to happen... up until it is too late.

Think of gangs taking over parts of a city, then spreading... This is happening now. It is one form of SHTF.

twp

Staff member
Article - SELCO: What Actually Happens When You Defund the Police?

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/selco-defunding-police/

Do not forget that protests even if they have a righteous cause can turn to something different, like looting and violence. It’s the same way that the cumulative force of it can over time turn to something different, something wrong.

Dogman

I expect to see (but hope I don't) police officers simply dropping there badges on the ground and going home...:eek:

twp

Staff member
Last edited:

twp

Staff member
And where were the lawyers? Oh, wait, it's Minneapolis, never mind.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like the Hells Angel's and other "1%" biker clubs are headed to Seattle to battle with Antifa. This is going to be interesting. Do you think they will show the fight on CNN?

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
No live video from MSM. Only after-action recordings which can be "Spun" to fit the narrative...