Riots

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Portland Rioters Target Federal Courthouse In Consecutive Nights As Protests Stretch Into Sixth week

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/portland-rioters-target-federal-courthouse-consecutive-nights-protests-stretch-sixth-week/

A Portland Police official press release reads:

A group of a couple hundred demonstrators gathered near the Justice Center on July 2, 2020. The group blocked the streets, chanting and speaking for several hours. Several demonstrators shot off commercial grade fireworks during the speeches. The tenor of the group shifted when demonstrators broke in to the north side doors of the Justice Center located on Southwest Main Street. Soon after, the group moved back to Southwest 3rd Avenue and broke glass doors on the Federal Court House building.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
For my entire lifetime Portland Oregon has been a train wreck waiting to happen. We are in the moments now just before the train comes off the rails.

twp

Staff member
I've been to and through Portland many, many times in my life. This is the worst I've ever heard about the city.
I don't expect the city will recover for many years. The same is true of other cities across the US. Reason to G.O.O.D and move to an areas with low population density.

I wish we could afford to move from our town too.

twp

Staff member
This article is an editorial opinion (not mine, but I agree it is likely). I'm linking it here because it outlines a possible future which, as Preppers, we need to consider in our Prepper Plans.

How you plan to deal with a revolution in the USA is up to you. I would welcome some calm discussion of how to handle such a situation. I'm NOT interested in hearing about armed rebellion and the use of militias. But I acknowledge that those are possible responses. I DO NOT seek such resolutions but I will defend myself and my group, if push comes to shove.

November Civil War
https://redoubtnews.com/2020/07/november-civil-war/

The riots and violence we are presently seeing indicates a possibility that increased violence could proceed from the results of the coming November presidential election. In all probability, regardless of who wins this coming presidential election, the losing side will not accept the results, and will accuse the winner of voter fraud.

Dogman

I think someone with a small bore weapon (22-17hmr) is going to start dropping the main trouble makers..You do not have to kill someone to give them a reason to not misbehave...Do as the Israeli's do shoot them in the groin you are not killing them but they won't be misbehaving for a while and the rest of the pukes might take a hint..

twp

Staff member
Tough call on this. So far, the gun fighting has been, mostly, internal to the Antifa/"protesters". But some police have been shot. I don't think federal agents will exercise restraint if the guns come out. That could escalate very quickly. Remember Kent State... This is why we Prep.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I want to add that being a prepper means staying out of this type of stuff at all costs.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
Hear, Hear! Bunkers have a use...

twp

Staff member
What's a viable alternative? A bug-out location needs a secure hole, plus any above ground building as needed.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_20200725_120821.jpg

So, what we are seeing here is that you are on your own for protection. Is that a surprise to anyone here?

twp

Staff member
I expect this will come back to bite Seattle on the posterior. Probably soon. What happens when the "protesters" start to use pepper spray and guns on the police?

I hope the residents of Seattle take advantage of the coming November votes. Some trash needs to be dumped. Glad I don't live in Washington. Been there, done that, not going back.

twp

Staff member
Sounds very likely. Those who can flee will do so, rather than let their business collapse.

WolfBrother

You're On Your Own - YOYO

Adjusted Response = get there in time to write a report from witness statements.

Adjusted Response = we’ll stand there and watch the crowd destroy huge parts of the city.

Adjusted Response = The Police Chief sharing videos they took of the crowd attacking and injuring Officers before they used limited amounts of deadly force on the crowd.