Riots

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Riots in Minneapolis and LA...Its going to be a long hat summer...:(
I had a long hat once, but it kept getting stuck on tree limbs when I walked beneath them...:D

But I agree, looks to be the time for riots and social unrest. It won't take much to trigger them, with people already angry at the lock downs and political overlords trying to take control of the population.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping to avoid taking part in any of this madness. Luckily it's real mellow in my small town and I doubt anyone is going to take to the streets.

twp

Staff member
We're a university town, but the students don't appear to be politically active right now because the Univ. is closed. I remember places like Bizerkly, CA. in the 60's... But we do have an unemployed population which might be inclined to take to the streets if Gubbernator Sisolak tries to keep the lockdown/stay-at-home orders in place for much longer.

Something else on which to keep watch.

WolfBrother

I had a long hat once, but it kept getting stuck on tree limbs when I walked beneath them...:D

But I agree, looks to be the time for riots and social unrest. It won't take much to trigger them, with people already angry at the lock downs and political overlords trying to take control of the population.
Back 1966 my Dad took us to Alabama to visit his family that was there. Once I got the lay of the lands, all this High School Freshman at the time, did was keep his mouth shut or drink beer. Some of the relatives and a lot of their friends had tall, pointy white hats (and robes to match). So rather than irritate the wrong people ...

twp

Staff member
A wise move, @WolfBrother. I think a lot of those tall white hats are still stored in homes, ready to be worn again.
I lived in Arkansas in the 50's - 60's and I remember watching the "parades" down main street...

twp

Staff member

Dogman

IMHO I think the police officers should be charged with a crime but only if they are guilty...If you want to see some fireworks just let the officers walk...The whole country will go ballistic..

twp

Staff member
With the court system we have these days, it's almost a given that some cop will walk. Some cops are honorable, but it only takes one bad apple...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
What a mess. In the reports that I've seen this has gotten past the point of being upset about a murder. I 100% agree that it was totally out of line, but looting stores in your neighborhood makes absolutely no sense to me. It sure is a crazy world.

twp

Staff member
I think there are "handlers" behind these riots who are urging the crowds toward looting and burning.
Remember Rodney King? Remember Vietnam? Similar enough, in my memory...

Preppers can review their plans for how to act if this comes to your town... Do you have escape routes in place to get away safely? It might be a temporary bug-out, but it could still last for days or weeks, depending on what happens. Do you have enough food/water/shelter to survive that long?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hearing about Antifa and BLM quite a bit. I think we know whose minions those are.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
I'm not seeing Antifa mentioned in the news. Do you have a link? They've been strangely quiet for the last several weeks.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Just rumors, but I could see why the MSM would want to keep that quiet.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hearing lots more talk from the intel guys and girls that white Antifa members are starting the riots. There may be some truth to this. Soros may be behind this.
IMG_20200529_194300.png

twp

Staff member
"long hot summer"...