1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review- PrimeWeld CUT50D

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Atlas, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

20190904_132125.jpg
    A while back I purchased this plasma cutter off of Amazon, with some reservations. It turns out that this would end up being a pretty good machine.

https://m.sears.com/primeweld-50a-cut50dp-nontouch-pilot-arc-air/p-SPM10564749720

I've used this machine enough now to honestly say that it is a really good piece of gear, and well worth the price. In fact, I was patient and ended up buying the thing for $249! There are several places selling it now, so shopping around can have good results.

Now, as to performance, the thing is a beast. I mostly use it for .120 wall pipe and other similar metals, but even cutting .250 metals has not been a problem. For a hobbyist fabricator or for those of us that don't need the best of the best this is the right tool for the job.

If you are in the market for a plasma cutter, take a look at these, I highly recommend them.

hypnos, Jerry D Young and twp like this.
  2. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Active Member

Thank you, Atlas.

Not in the near future, but is one of the items I want for my shop if I ever can build a place.

Atlas and twp like this.
  3. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I'm hoping to do some other reviews on equipment I have in my shop that was a good value. Having tools to make things can be a real benefit to the preps.

twp likes this.
  4. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

I like that idea @Atlas. Tools and equipment recommendations are good for Prepper skill development.

Atlas likes this.