1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinventing the threat.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I have, but the content is just not there.

I'll add this in here as well. ALL of the YouTube alternatives have a major issue. You have to pay to post videos, and some of them are very expensive. As a content creator it makes it fairly difficult to get started. On top of that many of them would NEVER be able to recoup the cost of entry, so many people would never do it. Where I find value in YouTube is that I can watch a video put together by someone who has no monetary reason for telling me what he thinks. I can see how to rebuild the carburetor on my lawn mower and then 5 minutes later watch a nice short video of a trip that someone took to a place I would like to visit. That's what someone else is going to need to recreate if they want to succeed.

hypnos likes this.
  2. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

Liveleak.com

3. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

Thanks!

OK, Liveleak is a video version of yellow sheet tabloids... Probably not going to be me "go to" site for video news :eek::oops::(

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    hypnos likes this.
  4. Atlas

Liveleaks is meant to be a "citizen journalist" website, which could be both good and bad.

hypnos likes this.
  5. twp

I suppose it has its place and I hope it remains "uncensored", unlike Youtube and Vimeo. Right now, the types of material being presented do not appeal to me, but it is a venue for presenting reports which would not get past the filters (human and machine) on other sites. In the future, it could be a source of news which cannot be found elsewhere.
    I'll keep the bookmark, even if I don't check it as often as other sources.

hypnos and Atlas like this.
  6. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

Alex jones has some content on it, and yeah...most is not what I'd call news, but if you were ever curious what a human body does when it gets shot with a specific caliber, that is the site you visit....it is a bizarre website, with insane commentators but you can post anything you want practically.

7. twp

8. Atlas

Does anyone watch Alex Jones any more?

9. twp

I avoid Alex Jones...

Atlas likes this.