Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Can Expect

Punty

That's not entirely true. My company just laid off 10% of its staff and gave everyone a 5% pay decrease. Oil employs a lot of people and it's not just bankers who feel the pinch when oil prices are low, but also the contractors who move oil and the small companies who produce it.
That's true, and I sympathize with your situation.

I was speaking on a broader scale. When gas was $4 a gallon, it was probably great for oil companies, but not so great for consumers and businesses. This is the flip side.

Still, a 10% cut in staff and a 5% pay cut isn't all that bad when compared to most others right now. My company cut 60% of it's staff, and I took a 40% pay cut, and I'm still better off than about half the folks I know.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I am absolutely sure that others are worse off, and I appreciate the optimistic look on oil prices. It just proves that there are two sides to every story.

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That's horrible news. Both for the food and the farmers.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
The farmers were relying on the restaurant market and they have been caught without a backup plan.

I hope that will change, but I don't know of any business which can handle the foods which are waiting in the fields.

I also hope that Preppers can take a lesson and have backup plans ready.

Let's hope that the farmers are at least making inquiries to sell their crop to the direct consumer market.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped into the local Cabelas yesterday. They were open, but they had all of the clothing marked off with caution tape. The hunting and fishing aisles were the only part open. The ammo aisle was decimated, only 20 and 12 gauge bird shot left. The crazy thing about that was the prices, they had them on the shelves still where the ammo once was. The cheapest price that I saw for 9mm was $49.99 for a box of 50. The cheapest box of 223/5.56 I saw was $57.99 for a box of 20.

I'm not in need, but it never hurts to stock up when you can. This was quite a sight to see, and I would say way worse than 2008/9.

twp

Staff member
Wow, I'm glad to see they aren't allowing sales of those dangerous clothing items! Scary cammo pants! I wonder how many can fit in a clip? And how about fully automatic pockets? That simply cannot be allowed in civil society! What has happened to the world where people actually want to have more than one pair of pants? Don't get me started on those packages of socks! I've seen 12 packs! Oh, the horror!:eek:

WolfBrother

Wow, I'm glad to see they aren't allowing sales of those dangerous clothing items! Scary cammo pants! I wonder how many can fit in a clip? And how about fully automatic pockets? That simply cannot be allowed in civil society! What has happened to the world where people actually want to have more than one pair of pants? Don't get me started on those packages of socks! I've seen 12 packs! Oh, the horror!:eek:
Most likely a corporate lawyer check block precaution. Infected person handles clothes, un-infected person becomes exposed due to handling clothes and sues Cabelas. Remember there a huge number of cities that are too small to provide for a lawyer but plenty big to provide for two.

twp

Staff member
I see the connection to their lawyers... Follow the money...
Good thing I already have large capacity pockets on all my pants...:D

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda makes you all warm and fuzzy inside knowing you have already prepped for this doesn't it???:p:rolleyes:
Honestly, it was unnerving. I kind of live in a little bubble that is pretty well prepared, so when I travel outside that bubble and see the things that I did it gives me the heebie jeebies.

soyer38301

Had to get mower gas today. Gas has gine up about 20 cents per gallon in the last 4-5 days. ..keep an eye on those prices.

I would think by now with less travel there would be a stock pile of fuel...supply and demand type thing. .

Guess they have the supply and are demanding a higher price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dogman

Fuel (gasoline) prices here have gone up about 30 cents per gallon...I am currently getting about 3 months to a gallon...

twp

Staff member
@Atlas, how does the petroleum supply side look to you? I know we had tankers backed up with no where to take their loads, but that was two months ago.

jimLE

that's just it.travel is up.i've heard on the news the last two days,that camper and RV sales are up 1000 percent.to me,thàt means travel is up.

P.s. gas and diesel prices are up

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Fuel use is probably pretty close to normal here in my area. The roads are as congested as they ever were, so I'm not surprised to see fuel prices going up. It was nice while it lasted.

twp

Staff member
Or it means that more people are Prepping and that is their bug-out vehicle?
I buy one if I could afford it.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
@Atlas, how does the petroleum supply side look to you? I know we had tankers backed up with no where to take their loads, but that was two months ago.
It's still moving slowly, but it's on the verge of being back to normal. The tankers aren't nearly as piled up now.

twp

Staff member
So who is buying gas/diesel? Is it being stockpiled at the refineries?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Every one is driving. I think the tanks are all pretty full, so it must be consumers.