Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Can Expect

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
So it was broadcast news, not from a website?

jdp

With the barrel of oil being so low I can see the price of gasoline coming down soon. We plan on stocking up if it does.

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
I wish we could stockpile gasoline. But we don't have a car/truck so it's a moot point for us.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell you for a fact that oil companies are doing it. Any tank with space left in it will be full by the end of the month at these prices.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if that will happen, but I'm not going to say it won't.

WolfBrother

AHHH The good old days 1960-1970's...Gasoline 19.9 per gallon...
First date my with who would become my first wife. Put $5.00 of gas in the car, had pizza for two, played 2 games of miniature golf, and did a movie with popcorn and such. Drove the rest of the week on the gas and didn’t spend $20.00 total

WolfBrother

My God, you ARE old! :D
I was in the 4th grade and skipped school to watch it on B&W TV when John Glenn did his 3 orbits.

I was second half of 5th grade when the British Music invasion started. Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones still looked alive back then.

I was in the 6th grade when JFK was assassinated.

I was in High School when RFK and MLK were assassinated.
I was in High School when Woodstock and the first lunar landing happened.
I was in High School when the Tet Offensive in Vietnam happened. Three years later I was there and was awarded the Combat Medic Badge.

Yes, I am an antique flatulence.
But like the song says, "I may not be as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."

WolfBrother

This place still has Yoder's 28 oz cans of meat for a little less than $10.00/can/12 can case. With delivery for two 12 can cases it works out to just slightly over $11can.

The equivalent on Amazon is running $25/can

I've tried these before and I can make 2 meals for wife and I from one can.

It would help if I included the place: www.mredepot.com

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I have only tried the Yoders bacon. How are the other ones?

WolfBrother

I have only tried the Yoders bacon. How are the other ones?
My Opinion - As Yoders Bacon is different from regular bacon but good, their canned meats are different but good the same way.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
My Opinion - As Yoders Bacon is different from regular bacon but good, their canned meats are different but good the same way.
I have been canning my own, but it seems like a prudent buy at this point. I'll try some out. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: twp

jimLE

porker..lol can you say oink? :D

Punty

I was in the 4th grade and skipped school to watch it on B&W TV when John Glenn did his 3 orbits.

I was second half of 5th grade when the British Music invasion started. Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones still looked alive back then.

I was in the 6th grade when JFK was assassinated.

I was in High School when RFK and MLK were assassinated.
I was in High School when Woodstock and the first lunar landing happened.
I was in High School when the Tet Offensive in Vietnam happened. Three years later I was there and was awarded the Combat Medic Badge.

Yes, I am an antique flatulence.
But like the song says, "I may not be as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."
I'm guessing that somewhere in your house you have a jar full of copper pennies and silver dimes.

WolfBrother

I'm guessing that somewhere in your house you have a jar full of copper pennies and silver dimes.
No Jar - I do have a couple of 30 cal ammo cans with "stuff" in them. Mainly copper based and already in paper rolls.