1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Can Expect

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Aug 5, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Moderator Staff Member

I think if crypto is adopted on a large scale that it will push demand for PMs. I think most people are probably very worried about the fallout from that possible outcome.

Atlas and twp like this.
  2. twp

twp Search with DuckDuckGo.com Staff Member

If it is government controlled cryptos, which they certainly want to do, then we have lost the privacy aspect. With no backing (like PMs), it remains a gamble.

With so many options in 'private' crypto vaults, I'm not going to attempt to bet on which one(s) will prove viable. I'll stick to PMs with only physical holdings (in my personal possession).

hypnos and Atlas like this.
  3. twp

To return to the thread topic, I'm seeing more warnings about food commodities being in short supply. These include Pork, sugar and grains.

I still think that the warehouses and silos are being emptied to hold the price down and prevent panic. That can only continue for a limited time, making the eventual price spike even worse than it should be.

Watch meat prices which are dependent on grain (feed) prices.

Atlas likes this.
  4. hypnos

Not sure what was off topic... it effects the market and you were referring to PMs weren't you?

Atlas and twp like this.
  5. hypnos

Wisconsin is seeing some outbreaks of some type of food contamination, I don't recall if it is salmonella or what it is exactly. That could effect commodity prices and shortages of those commodities also.

Atlas and twp like this.
  6. twp

Not off topic, just not what I was talking about wrt price changes.

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  7. old guy

old guy Active Member

Prices are rising. Food shortages happening.

jimLE, hypnos, Atlas and 1 other person like this.