Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Can Expect

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
Our closest grocery has ice cream for $3.99/gallon. That is much better then other stores (Safeway - $7/gallon)
If we had more freezer space, I would stock up...

I also buy day-old bread rolls and the store has raised the price on that from $0.75 to $1.25 for 6 rolls. Still better than the "fresh" price at $2.69/6 rolls.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
Interesting note.

I’ve been to all 3 local H‑E‑B stores in the past two days. All 3 have big empty spaces where most pasta sits. No real price increases - just no product.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
First time I’ve been thru the grocery dept at the local Walmart for a couple of months.

What I wrote above about the pasta at the H‑E‑Bs apply also to the WMart.

Several aisles multiple empty shelves.

One other interesting note. Most places I’ve shopped at recently ALL have big “We are hiring” signs.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I see them all over the place as well. I am still not sure what exactly is going on with this.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
I too wonder about the hiring. Do they need employees (vaccine required?) or just want to appear like they are still doing business?

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
I’ve asked a couple of places and talked to a couple of managers at WMart and H‑E‑B and they all say need workers.

twp

Staff member
Are people not applying for jobs because of COVID fear? Or because of COVID lockdown policies? I can see both reasons working at the same time.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
Dunno. There was a political cartoon I saw where the stay at home son said taking a job would be a cut in pay from unemployment pay.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
I think that is a Major factor keeping people out of the work force. It is deliberate on the part of the TPTB...:mad:

Day To Day Preppers