Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Is there lithium mines in the US?

Reactions: twp

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
Yes, One here in Nevada and I think another elsewhere.

Steverino

Trusted Member
I'd expect there will be lots of capital flowing to new companies.....

Steverino

Trusted Member
I think its important to remember that american ingenuity is alive and well... even thought it may appear to be suffering at the moment... at the hands of these fools who think they will be able to suppress it.... render it impotent....

overwhelming anger renders overwhelming focus.... and wrath

twp

Staff member
I see that that battery company is located here in Nevada (so much better than California;)). That is incentive to develop more lithium mines here.

Dogman

Trusted Member
I went shopping today.. 4 cans of meat, 2 packs lunch meat, 2 bags cat food, 1 loaf of bread, 4 cans soup, 10 tv dinners, 1 6 pack toilet paper...$111.62!!!!

Steverino

Trusted Member
I buy tv dinners at the dollar store....

jimLE

I stopped buying tv dinners,on account I got burnt out on them.but I enjoyed the salsbury steak and chicken dinners the most.

twp

Staff member
We also Don't buy TV dinners. Freezer space is limited and it is easier to buy and freeze meats and stock canned goods.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
My wife and I have incorporated "TV" dinners into our regular monthly dinner cycle.

Or at least frozen entrées. Bacon wrapped cheese and green pepper stuffed chicken breasts that's big enough for one to do for the two of us. Stoeffer's (sp?) family size meat loaf - two meals out of each. Luby's Mac and Cheese - two meals out of each. That's the entrée needed for 4 meals. We do that over a two week period. About the only true TV dinners we do is once or twice a month we do Hungry Man Fried Chicken Pattie with veggies for her and whatever spaghetti and meatballs/meat sauce for me.

twp

Staff member
While I can appreciate the ease of usage for "TV dinners", the cost seems to be higher when compared to stocking the ingredients (meat,veggies,starch) and making our own meals. If we had a large, full freezer (not just the small refrigerator freezer), I think I would still buy bulk meats to fill it. Electricity concerns may push me to cooking all our frozen meats and then re-freezing them. They will last longer if power goes out and the pre-cooked meats don't need power to prepare.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone is in the market for stacking some coffee, I just got this in an email. That's an extremely good deal, and with coffee prices in the news lately I think the timing is good as well.

I just received a 30% off code for today only on cafebustelo.com: THANKFUL30 Free shipping on orders >= $39

Reactions: twp

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
@twp TV dinners - yes and no. They are a convenience for when the day runs long.

We pressure can animal protein for our use. We freeze very little animal protein for LTS. We will freeze what we buy on special to process later. My wife - before me - lost a freezer full due to a multi-day power outage. Since then she hadn’t kept much meat in one.

We do keep a pretty good amount of frozen veggies and fruit on hand. An upcoming project is to take my newly acquired low end dehydrator and experiment on the veggies and fruit.

twp

Staff member
I recommend the dehydrator for veggies/fruit. We buy canned green beans (14.5oz) in the case of 12. I dehydrate 3 cans at a time, overnight and the case of 12 cans now fits in 2 quart jars. Much easier to carry if we needed to bug out and they reconstitute very well (good flavor, slightly crinkled).
I also do the same with canned Mixed Veggies (corn, beans, carrots, potatoes).
Note that the green beans and mixed veggies are pre-COOKED during the canning process.

Whole pineapples, cubed down to 1/2 inch pieces (or canned rings, cut) work very well in the dehydrator. May take more than 24 hours to dry.

I've tried to dry onions, but am not satisfied with the result. They tend to turn brown. I may need to do some kind of processing on them before drying (any ideas?).

I'd like to dehydrate potato slices, but I think they need to be parboiled first or they turn brown.

Day To Day Preppers