Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Can Expect

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
Thanks.

Punty

Shadowstats is far and away the most comprehensive and legitimate source for economic data.

Even that chart linked showing inflation as calculated makes complete sense, when you look at the Fed monetary balance sheet, they have been printing at a rate of +15% annually since 2008 (not counting 2020), and as a rule of thumb, 40% of our inflation gets exported around the world in the form of monetary pegs, and currency reserves....so looking at that chart, if you assume 15% annual inflation, multiply by .6 (the amount of inflation that remains in the US), you get an average 9% inflation per annum.....which is pretty much dead on with the Shadowstat charts.

twp

Staff member
And nowhere near what the .gov is reporting to the public... "Don't Worry, Be Happy. We're From The Government And We're Here To Help"...:confused:

Punty

And nowhere near what the .gov is reporting to the public... "Don't Worry, Be Happy. We're From The Government And We're Here To Help"...:confused:

There is something else they aren't telling you....

The banks are losing deposits at a historic and accelerating rate. Not quite a bank run yet.....but we may see that before the year is out, and then a bank holiday, where you can't get your money any more.

Steverino

Trusted Member
fredgraph.png

twp

Staff member
Past time to move to commodities, in hand.

Steverino

Trusted Member
This is the chart that scares me....

PCE is the GDP measure of "Personal Consumption Expenditures".... which is effectively consumer spending. It's normal for PCE to trend with inflation... as growing inflation = higher prices. Looking at the chart we see PCE parallel with PCI.... except look at the COVID shutdown induced PCE collapse in Jan 2020... and note that the stimulus soon followed, hence the "recovery" in PCE.

But look at PCI vs PCE in Jan 2021, PCE is flatlining whilst PCI is parabolic.

fredgraph.png

..... which has never happened in the recorded history of these two measures... (see below)

fredgraph.png

This never before seen deviation should be very concerning to everyone.

Last edited:

twp

Staff member
Tick-Tock said the Crocodile... Preppers take note and move away from fiat money except for some minimum needed to pay bills in cash.

Dogman

Trusted Member
I am buying hard tack by the box..Some say it never goes bad, and it will be a good alternative to saltines..

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Can you recommend a brand?

Reactions: twp

jimLE

I did a portion of my shopping today.bought some meat. it's already been vacuum sealed..

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Very good @jimLE how is the vacuum sealer working out for you?

Reactions: twp

soyer38301

Trusted Member
Went to the grocery store yesterday.

Pork prices about the same as last month and still buy one get one.

Beef a few cents higher.

Dairy section was thin on selection.

Bacon was through the roof compared to last month. 9.00-16.00 per package. Ouch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

twp

Staff member
Wow, those Bacon prices are painful.

soyer38301

Trusted Member
That they are. And, hopefully we caught them between shipments as there were quite a few shelves rather bare..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

twp

Staff member
Our monthly shopping trip did NOT show any bare shelves. Perhaps a little light on some items, but nothing really missing. There were some restrictions on quantity, like one TP pack (48 rolls).
Bacon was about normal for us, $7/lb.
Bear in mind that that was 12 days ago... Things can change fast now.

jimLE

I've been to dollar tree, dollar general, family dollar and Walmart with in the last 7 days.some empty shelves in each one.the dollar tree had new stock still in boxes and on cart's.in which some of the boxes were open.as if customer's were helping them self's.some items in Walmart were brought to the front to look full.no food saver containers.plenty of canning jars if I was to buy some.but not if there was a run on them.low or out of other canning item's.the vacuum sealer is working great. I've sealed beef, pork, chicken and fish.

Steverino

Trusted Member
My Dollar Tree gets ravaged with each new shipment....

Day To Day Preppers