Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Can Expect

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be a good idea to have a thread dedicated solely to things that are set to rise in price soon? Kind of a heads up type of deal.

For instance, corn prices are probably going to be going up very soon. It would be a good time now to stock up and avoid the pinch.

A running list, in one thread could be interesting to look back on as well.

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
I'd contribute to that thread. Corn and Soybean followed by Pork, Beef, Chicken (and eggs) and Turkey (almost Thanksgiving in the US, then Christmas. I know, a new thread for that, but this is where I'd start.

twp

Staff member
You can simply let this threat expand or start a new one and delete this... It's up to you.

Oh, and make it a Sticky thread.

twp

Staff member
Cost Predictions - What You Think May Happen Soon to Costs
Price Warnings Thread - Price Changes Which You Expect
Early Warning Predictor - Price Predictions Thread

Bunker Bob

This is a great idea and glad you brought it up. I think it's worth researching more the potential impact (short term and long term) the trade war with China may have. If they stick to their guns and discontinue the purchase of US agricultural products, we may see some more tit for tat retaliation that leads to surges in prices for many goods. Apple products are obvious, but I'm curious to see how wide and deep these issues grow to become

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @Bunker Bob !

I think we should definitely watch agricultural products. Between China and the flooding from last winter, it could get to be an issue.

Reactions: twp

Punty

Full disclosure....

I've been saying for years that silver will bust out eventually, because traditionally silver has always been about 1 to 10 value to gold...so silver is grossly undervalued and manipulated.

I've been wrong for years.

The problem is, I still believe it...I just have no idea when market forces will overcome market manipulation. It's difficult to predict, because most precious metals that are traded aren't actually real...very few people take delivery of actual, real gold and silver, so they trade it using fractional reserve practices. That may blow up tomorrow, or it may carry on as is for another 100 years.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I was reading somewhere that there is concern that Brexit is going to screw up their ability to manipulate the price. It may have been a hack job by an anti-Brexit type though.

For what it's worth, silver is up quite a bit right now.

twp

Staff member
Spam (Spare Parts All Meat) prices are reported to be rising. This is predictable since grains are rising = animal feed.

soyer38301

My sister and brother un law just got back from a short trip to Michigan. They picked up a small bag of peaches that last year cost them 10.00,,,they paid 30 this year

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

twp

Staff member
Peaches? I had not considered other crops, but it makes sense that they too were effected by the rainy weather and flooding.