1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picking someone up off of the floor.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by jimLE, Nov 17, 2018.

1. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

Well,i did my good deed yesterday. By going over,and getting someone up off of the floor yesterday afternoon. First thing i did after seeing the immediate situation. I let her know exactly how we're gonna get her up off of the floor. Thats when i got behind her and wrapped my arms around her lower body,and stood up with her.then i walked her over to the sofa..

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  2. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member Survival Class Instructor

Always a good idea to ask the person if they need help first. Some people will get pretty out of control or angry if they don't want help or to be touched.

Consent must be given before aid is attempted, unless consent is implied .(meaning that a reasonable person would want help if they could ask, generally used when a person is unconscious.)

Atlas and jimLE like this.
  3. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

So true about consent. In which i deffently had hers.seeing how she called a neighbor. Who in turn came over and got me,to help out..

4. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member Survival Class Instructor

Good work. Hopefully it wasn't anything too serious.

Atlas and jimLE like this.
  5. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

It looks like it's not So far..i'll be going over there later on.just to check on her,and make sure.knowing the proper thing's to do ahead of time.and having some experience at doing that.sure did come in handy.

6. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Good work @jimLE ! The world needs more neighbors who actually are there to help.

jimLE likes this.