1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perspective and how to keep it - Echo Chamber: Danger Danger Danger

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, Sep 12, 2019.

1. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

This is from Salty at BeansBulletsBandagesAndYou.com (3BY). Keeping your perspective may sometimes require that your read/watch news sources with which you disagree. Bite the bullet...:D Pun intended

http://beansbulletsbandagesandyou.com/bullets/2019/09/11/echo-chamber-danger-danger-danger/

I found some good advice in this article and hope that you will also. It's ok to want to bang your head against the wall after reading some news reports. Yes, the world does contain ignorant or stupid people... It's up to you to sort them out, find the wheat among the chaff...

Atlas likes this.
  2. Where’sTheTwinkies

Where’sTheTwinkies Active Member

For anyone interested in a news source that is somewhat impartial, the Wall Street Journal is definitely the best i’ve found. Yes, it costs, but i guess good journalism comes at a price.

Atlas and twp like this.
  3. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

Or the WSJ has found as way to monetize the information flow. I'm not sure that is a good thing. On the other hand, I don't read WSJ because of that paywall, so I can't speak to whether they are truthful or not.

Atlas likes this.
  4. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

It does seem to be a pretty good source.