1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of the most often over looked prepping items.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Feb 21, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

I'm a knife, gun, backpack and general gear junky type of guy. I enjoy the catalogs, the websites, the staged photo ops and hype surrounding all the next greatest developments in technology for active people who do dangerous stuff in dangerous places and according to the magazines, looking great doing it. It conjures up incredible and wild adventures I'll take with my new 5.11 Rush, with my CZ P-09 (urban grey, suppressor ready model, of course!) And in my pants pockets, enough slick EDC gear to justify buying the 5.11 cargo pants to match my rucksack. Anything less would be a disgrace to my fellow imaginary operators on Instagram.

I'm fully geared, for a cool $5,000 (not hard to do) and ready to post up some pics so everyone can see what a "secret" agent commando looks like in a pair of flat black Oakleys but then...I look down at my feet....

Its a pair of worn Nike's with the soles falling off.

Now if I was surrounded by terrorists, I plan to put them in a state of shock and awe with my color coordination, as the last thing they see preceded by flashes of lightning and sounds of thunder (in slow motion, 5 brass cases still in the air glinting in the sunset)

But hopefully they won't look down and burst into to tears laughing because they finally threw away a pair of sneakers that look identical to the ones I am wearing. And also, i better have sufficient ammunition because I am not running away with these things on.

And I better not need to walk to them...guess i just better wait here and take all my Instagram pics from mid shin up.

Atlas, twp and soyer38301 like this.
  2. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

44772267_2050622041658342_7304678144746452998_n.jpg

Atlas likes this.
  3. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

:eek:

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  4. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

Your way with words is borderline epic.

Shoes are definitely an important prep item. People will be doing much more walking when the gas stations dry up.

hypnos likes this.
  5. hypnos

hypnos Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Atlas likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Well-Known Member

"Mad Max" springs to mind!!:p

hypnos likes this.