Now Tropical Storm Pamela kinda sorta heading in my direction

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
Earlier today Pacific Hurricane Pamela made land fall on Western Mexico.

It has since downgraded to a Tropical Storm.

At 6P CDT the projected path took the center approx 60 miles W of me at 0700 Thur. It was projected to be down to a tropical Depression by then. Local weather types were talking 4 to 8 inches of rain.

Now the 0700 Thur projection is at Leakey instead of the Mason/Llano county lines. 100 miles SW of the 6P CDT today projection.

We are experiencing some small. intermittent showers and a fairly noticeable warm HUMID wind out of the SSW.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
Stay safe...

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
Local TV weather, the one that has always been most accurate, is showing model data that the fun starts at about 2100 tonight and lasts till about 0400-0600 tomorrow. Rain expected 2 to 5 inches with pockets of 5 to 7 inches. A large part of the area is in the #3 of 4 flash flood severity.

twp

Staff member
Y'all got some high ground nearby?

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
House is on it. Not in a flood zone. Not even a 1,000 year one.

twp

Staff member
Good. You might get company if it floods.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
Pretty much said and done here.

Initial reports/projections had my AO dead center of wet side when the center of the tropical depression was going to be about 60 due W.

When it made landfall, reports/projections started to change.

By sundown last night some folks were calling it Remnants of Pamela. It fell apart rather quickly.

There was a fairly long, narrow SW to NE rain band that formed and more or less passed East of me. San Antonio thru NE of Austin got most of the rain and had some flash flooding. We got a nice rain, not storm, out of it.

That has drifted SE to Corpus Christy/Houston

twp

Staff member
Clean miss then! Good news.

Day To Day Preppers