NorCal, SoCal and VA

seeker

So, I'm not really a prepper, but I am an American, and I've been reading a lot, and have the basics of a bug out bag and some food stashed.

I learned of Mike Adams. From that I've followed alternative news. Some of it is really out there stuff.

I live in San Francisco, and recently watched https://banned.video/watch?id=5dfd5f9e64d5070029e195b3, and it shook me. It ties in with some of the other things I've read about.

Mike's suggested to move out of the area or be ready for something really bad. I've heard him called an alarmist before, but I know what's going on in VA and want to be safe. There may be no simple answer, but, I am seriously considering a move. I have family in FL I think of too.

With this in mind, does anyone know of safe places, preferably away from 5G, either in the US or even elsewhere in the world?

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
@seeker, welcome to the Prepper Boards forum. Thanks for posting your concerns and I think they are shared by other members of this board and other Preppers in general.

I sympathize with you about being in San Francisco, in fact being in California itself. You're not the only one there. I left California well over a decade ago, partly because the "writing was on the wall". If you are able, I do advise looking elsewhere. For the record, I'm in Reno, NV.

We have members who are located across the US and even some from outside the US who occasionally post here.

As far as a "safe place", no pun intended, I'm looking at the whole area known as the American Redoubt. You can find plenty of information about that area via a search on the 'net. I Strongly recommend avoiding the use of Google for such searches because that search engine collects information about you and your search requests. At this time, I use DuckDuckGo.com as my only search engine because they appear to offer better privacy. Like all things, this could change in the future.

I'll also offer the opinion that, the internet being what it is, there are plenty of opinions which cover the range of useful to outrageous... Some sources are simply pushing to get attention, other sources may offer useful information, even if it is buried under less useful opinions... It is up to you to try to sort the wheat from the chaff. Please feel free to ask on this forum for the opinions of other members about what you are reading on the 'net. Opinions are freely offered and sometimes are worth more than you pay :D

Finally, for now, please take some time and read though the many threads on this forum. We've covered a lot of topics which you may find useful. Please excuse the occasional thread drift and note that we don't penalize anybody for that drift in topics. We admins do, occasionally try to herd the cats back onto the main topic, but we are "guilty" of thread drift too.:eek:

Welcome again, and we hope to hear from you frequently.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
So, I'm not really a prepper, but I am an American, and I've been reading a lot, and have the basics of a bug out bag and some food stashed.

I learned of Mike Adams. From that I've followed alternative news. Some of it is really out there stuff.

I live in San Francisco, and recently watched https://banned.video/watch?id=5dfd5f9e64d5070029e195b3, and it shook me. It ties in with some of the other things I've read about.

Mike's suggested to move out of the area or be ready for something really bad. I've heard him called an alarmist before, but I know what's going on in VA and want to be safe. There may be no simple answer, but, I am seriously considering a move. I have family in FL I think of too.

With this in mind, does anyone know of safe places, preferably away from 5G, either in the US or even elsewhere in the world?
Welcome to the boards. I'm a California native as well, and have thought quite a bit about these same things.

The reality of 5G is that there is no running from it. Any place where there is cell service already is going to get his upgrade, and it blows my mind where cell service can be found these days.

As for the move, Florida may or may not be a good one. It is really not too far away from falling off the same cliff California did. Unfortunately. The middle of the country seems to be the safest bet, but that could go either way.

Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
RE 5G for cell/internet service, note that, due to the high frequencies used, it has a much lower range. That means that you can get away from it by locating a few miles from the nearest cell towers. Of course it implies that you don't use 5G devices yourself...

WolfBrother

Seeker,
Welcome, ask about what you don't know, share with us what you do. IMNTBHO the only dumb question is the one you have and don't ask.

seeker

thanks all, yes, I've learned of and use duckduckgo.com almost exclusively.
Great to learn about Redoubt, thank you for that.
As for FL, I meant I want to be able to have a place if they want to join. My folks, siblings and their kids make 6. Anybody here leave the US all together?

twp

Staff member
@seeker, thanks for your reply.
re leaving the US, it is an option, but I don't see it as a viable option unless one is wealthy. The closest might be to move to a marine platform and live on a boat. Not something for everyone, but an option which leaves open the ability to Bug Out on short notice AND avoid the crowds which might make land travel more difficult.

We do have forum members who are not resident in the continental US and I can't speak for them directly. I think they may be citizens of their home country and not expats who once lived in the US states, BUT I can't state that as a fact. It is not information which needs to be broadcast, in the interest of OPSEC and privacy.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
thanks all, yes, I've learned of and use duckduckgo.com almost exclusively.
Great to learn about Redoubt, thank you for that.
As for FL, I meant I want to be able to have a place if they want to join. My folks, siblings and their kids make 6. Anybody here leave the US all together?
Leaving the country is an option, but like @twp stated, it's an expensive one. The best way to do it is to do some traveling first. Take a vacation, check some places out, and make some friends. Oddly enough, eastern Europe outside of the EU is emerging as a pretty free place to live, but Chile and Argentina might be options as well.

old guy

I have friends in Costa Rica. You need to show income of at least $1200 a month to live there. Social Security, pension, etc. Lots of Canadians, Italians, Germans and other nationalities there also. The locals are very friendly.

seeker

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well. Things certainly have changed since we last wrote. I took a chance and flew to Mexico, where I am now. Many borders are closed as you probably know, so I think I can only stay here or go back to the US. I was right in SF, in a small studio/efficiency. I figured getting out of the city would be better, which it is, got to sort a few things out.

Good news, I don't see any 5G anything, it's somewhat poor here. I learned we get 6 months as Americans, and, as long as the borders reopen, we can leave, immediately return and repeat the cycle.

I am in Oaxaca. Although much more remote than SF, things are closing here too. I speak some Spanish. Also, I tried to go to Chile, Costa Rica, and Argentina, all closed.

I thought about what I want and need, which is a farm community with clean water, preferably off-grid, with solar, wind or the like, access to internet, and safety measures, from people or whatever, in place.

As the saying goes, "prepare for the worst, hope for the best". I'll add, prepare for the worst and the best, not just hope.

So, as things and in flux, I am thinking of how to 'go Amish', live off the land, find a group, or stay solo if I have to, and be safe.

How are you all holding up?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad that you are holding up ok @seeker. We are all doing as well as can be expected.

That's interesting, but not surprising, to hear that everything is shut down. What do most people down there think about the coronavirus?

seeker

Thank you Atlas. It's a small town, and some things are closed. I am still working on my Spanish, so I don't fully know, but it doesn't seem that bad. Some businesses are closed, many others, usually restaurants, offer a squirt of sanitizer, and there are hardly any tourists, which I'm told is not common.

I usually just go out to eat, and buy a few things, and I am at home the rest of the time reading economic effects dynamics and ways to live safer, freer and where else I might want to go.

twp

Staff member
@seeker, consider laying in supplies while your local stores are open. Restaurants, if they are open at all, are only take-out, here in town. If your town/state gets a 'stay at home' policy announcement, you'll need supplies at home.

It is also not safe to mingle with other people, at least until we have a generally available treatment for COVID-19.

WolfBrother

@seeker, everything I'm reading indicates primary vector spread is by contact. It is aerosole, droplets in the air from coughing/sneezing. It has not shown to be airborne, free standing virus floating in the air.

SO, If you go out, when you get there put on a pair of gloves and a mask. The mask is primarily to remind you to not touch your face with your dirty hands. When you get back to your car, take one glove off to unlock and open your vehicle. You load with the gloved hand then unglove (or put another glove on the ungloved hand and load with two hands). Unglove, unmask, drive home.

seeker

Thank you twp and WolfBrother. I am careful, also contrarian. I've read it last only a matter of hours in the air on surfaces, etc. I don't remember where exactly. Also, I've read and watched a lot of https://dollarvigilante.com/, he's saying while it's an issue, not as bad, more of a scapegoat/trojan horse for many other things they are ushering in. Dr B, https://www.youtube.com/user/johnbchiro/videos posts a lot of videos how to stop CV and many get removed. So, I am not worried about the rona, per se, more of what people are doing to promote an agenda.

twp

Staff member
@seeker, I tend to avoid Youtube due to their censorship. I also don't like to listen to 'talking heads' telling me what to do and taking too long to say it.
There are many links to good news sites on the various threads here.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you twp and WolfBrother. I am careful, also contrarian. I've read it last only a matter of hours in the air on surfaces, etc. I don't remember where exactly. Also, I've read and watched a lot of https://dollarvigilante.com/, he's saying while it's an issue, not as bad, more of a scapegoat/trojan horse for many other things they are ushering in. Dr B, https://www.youtube.com/user/johnbchiro/videos posts a lot of videos how to stop CV and many get removed. So, I am not worried about the rona, per se, more of what people are doing to promote an agenda.
I'm feeling about the same way on this one. Those who would take advantage of a bad situation are always lurking in the shadows.

seeker

@twp and @Atlas, I hear ya. I often watch at 2x or so, slow down if there is something worth watching at a slower speed, as there are some good links mixed in, news articles, tweets and such, and I pause and look them up. Here's one I found, that this virus coincides with places that have massively rolled out 5G. Here's one https://5g-emf.com/wuhan-was-the-province-where-5g-was-rolled-out-now-the-center-of-deadly-virus/. That's why I am mindful of it.

There are other links, and I've seen them taken down shortly after I've found them, which furthers my suspicion.

I've looked through the site for some good news links as well and check other non-censored sites, like bitchute and others. Their UI is not as great, but I agree, there is a lot of censorship on yootube.

But, back to prepping and finding community here in Mexico. Thankfully, about 1/2 the places are open. People are out on the street, some where masks. Moved to a bigger city. Still hunting for a better living situation and deciding whether to stay here or vamanoose.

twp

Staff member
I've been aware of the claimed link between 5G and CV, but NOT found any valid research.

I do see a relation between high population density and 5G installation. There is also a correlation between high population density and CV cases. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT 5G and CV are related except via the statistics (third category of lies...).

The jury is still out on this.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
But, back to prepping and finding community here in Mexico. Thankfully, about 1/2 the places are open. People are out on the street, some where masks. Moved to a bigger city. Still hunting for a better living situation and deciding whether to stay here or vamanoose.
I wish you the best of luck in finding a good place to hunker down.