1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member introduction

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hunterrjc, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I was just talking to my wife last night about how bad spellcheck can be at times. Or maybe it's just too easy to take for granted? We all have our moments, I'd guess.

twp and soyer38301 like this.
  2. jimLE

jimLE Well-Known Member

I hate spell check at times.especially when i don't. Notice a spell check mishap in time.or when i go to correct it.in which the word shows up 2 or 3 times while correcting it.then there's the entire sentences that get messed up while im correcting the issue.

twp and Atlas like this.
  3. Atlas

It does that to me too! I really have to force myself to go back and read what I think I wrote before I hit send.

First world problems....

soyer38301 and twp like this.
  4. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

Yo no habla Espanol! Neither does my spell checker... Apparently, "Yo" is now a valid word in the English language...
    Hence; don't trust your spell checker... I had to teach my spell checker that the world "prepper" is acceptable English. We're still arguing about "english" without the capital "E"... Computers, you can't live with them and you can't live without them...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    jimLE and Atlas like this.
  5. Atlas

Is your land affected by the flooding? It's pretty wide spread st this point, so I hope that all is ok with you and yours.

twp likes this.
  6. Bunker Bob

Bunker Bob Member

@soyer38301 I cannot even convey the extent of my hatred towards Facebook haha
    Nothing makes me happier than seeing them get dragged through the mud these days on nearly every news channel. I do genuinely think that technology poses a greater and greater threat to mankind. When you have mottos like "move fast and break things," you don't stop and think about the long term risks of your actions. I also think that the quarterly earnings cycle places pressure upon companies to deliver results... again, without thinking about the consequences. With new, cutting edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence, the stakes are higher and the threat is more acute

twp, Atlas and soyer38301 like this.
  7. soyer38301

soyer38301 Well-Known Member

Amen. Just because you can does not mean you should..especially with tech and what can be done to control the masses

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

twp, Atlas and Bunker Bob like this.
  8. hunterrjc

hunterrjc New Member

Actually we have been there for the past few days. I have tried to stay as unplugged as possible so just seeing this. No, thankfully we had no flooding. The farm just to the north of us has a lot of water on both sides of the road but doesn't look like it has caused any damage. Thanks very much for asking and the well wishes. I will get some pictures up and provide an update on the property and what we are doing in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

twp and Atlas like this.
  9. hunterrjc

hunterrjc New Member

Completely agree. I do not have a Facebook account and have no desire to set one up. There is way too much information shared that should be private. And that's just what individuals are sharing. Who knows the extent of what these companies are really doing with all of our data. Frightening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bunker Bob, twp and Atlas like this.
  10. Atlas

I am happy to hear that you have been ok. A friend who lives outside of Omaha is looking at a total loss on his home, and I know that many more are as well.

We will look forward to the updates.

twp likes this.