National SOS

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent @soyer38301 ! It doesn't have to be crazy complicated, but everyone should have something!

I also recommend having a real phone book on hand. All of the written phone numbers of your contacts, in case your phone is broken and you need to get a hold of someone. It's amazing how many people don't even know their families number nowadays.

jimLE

i barely know the landline number i use to have and my cell number.

jimLE

rolodex?. what rolodex? lol

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
Write on the back of your non-dominant hand?:D

jimLE

at you aint talking about the watch.:rolleyes:
i plan on getting more of whats in the pic.they take up less space.and i can carry one on me.

1110191842.jpg

old guy

Let's see-I have 3 years worth of food, a 220 volt generator for the well, a solar generator for the furnace, a solar generator for rechargeable batteries, a 1000 gallon underground propane tank, 25 gallons on non-ethonal gas, 5 gallons of diesel, guns and ammo, lots of pillows and blankets, a good wife, a great dog, a couple of funny cats, two years worth of firewood, lots of books, lots of tools, good neighbors, a close knit community, and privacy. I do have 4 baofeng portable two-way radios and a yaesu vx-8dr but I probably wouldn't be using them much.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
You are indeed well prepped, but can you remember the phone number of everyone in your family and friends circle?

I think this article is more for the less prepared and the city folks.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry-couldn't resist.
No worries. I like to bring up the basics on occasion, and having some type of communications plan is a good idea that gets missed by many beginners.

Reactions: twp

old guy

Note to beginners-I'm not called the "old guy" for no reason. I've had a lot of time to prep. I grew up on farms, went into the Army at 17, saw first hand just how dangerous the world we live in really is and have basically been prepping my whole life. I have found prepping very satisfying. So my advise is don't get overwhelmed but never quit. There is no end point only the journey.

WolfBrother

Old Guy,
You are right about it being a journey.

Once upon a time; many, many years ago; in a land far, far away the guys all called me Doc. I learned RDQuik about how it can be dangerous. So I understand the kinda/sorta prepping all your life. For me it started even before I became Doc. All the way back to when I started to follow the motto “Be Prepared”.

twp

Staff member
OPSEC Test: Where did you say you lived?

[correct answer: I didn't say]

twp

Staff member
Over the hill and through the woods.