Morakniv Garberg knife review

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
The Morakniv Garberg carbon steel version with leather sheath

https://morakniv.se/en/product/garberg-black-c-with-leather-sheath/

This knife caught my eye a while back, but I never had a chance to pick one up until recently. It's sat unused for no particular reason on my bench for a couple of months, but now is the time to put it to work. Over the next few weeks I plan to put it through its paces, and see how it does.

Morakniv makes some great knives, so I'm sure this one will be good as well. I have several of the cheap stainless knives, but this one is considerably different. The Garberg is a full tang knife made of carbon steel and I also have a leather sheath for it.

20200918_195225.jpg

As I go along I will post updates on what I think and how it does with various tasks. It will be fun to see how she does.

Last edited:
Reactions: twp

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
No surprises today with the Garberg. It handles fire wood processing with ease.

Batoning, easy.
20200919_131102.jpg

Feather sticks, easy.
20200919_130846.jpg

Small wood processing, no problems at all.
20200919_131555.jpg

My first impression is that this is an excellent knife. The size, weight, and shape of it is just right for most woods chores, and I look forward to using it some more in the coming days.

Once the rains start I'll work on some fire craft using it, but that may be a while. Next up, I'll work on some other tasks to see how it performs.