1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexico, fixed income living.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Jul 2, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Moderator Staff Member

It appears my UI will be coming through, and i have recuited someone to help me do the paperwork while i exit the country.

To take advantage of better pricing I'll be taking a bus from my location to Seattle, (i really miss my girlfriend)

Unfortunately, the way the system works i will be forced to file a new claim to get more benefits, the beurocracy will simply not allow this. It is factoring in only my piddly amount of wages from last year. Leaving me with a very small weekly income. Approximating a fixed income fairly well...unfortunately... :(

So, i will see, and report back my findings regarding the overall costs associated with living and travel to Mexico for those of you interested on what i can squeak by on. Of course there are a number of factors unique to me, but i will disclose those.

If any of you are interested?!

Wish me luck! I'll be reporting back soon from CDMX (mexico city)

P.s. my Spanish is MUCH better ;)

jdp likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I wish you good luck in your travels. Please let us know how things go down there!

hypnos likes this.
  3. soyer38301

soyer38301 Active Member

Good luck...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  4. hypnos

Ill be taking the vertx sling and doing a review on well it travels. 20190702_150214.jpg

I have some more gear stashed at a friend's place for my return. The bag is quite a bit smaller than my last carry on. And this time, probably no checked bags. But, when i go back in December I'll be bringing Christmas with me so i won't get out of it then!

jdp, twp and Atlas like this.
  5. Atlas

Are you just going for a little while this time?

hypnos likes this.
  6. hypnos

Not quite a month. With the unemployment i will receive i am planning to stay long enough to recoup travel expenses mostly. This is sort of a trial run, i want to know and test in the short term the logistics of collecting on unemployment in a foreign country and see if i hit any snags. I'll know allot more about what I'm doing when i get a full UI benefit, which i won't be eligible to start until January of 2020. So that is more or less the plan. Maybe a late Christmas but at least I'll know what to do when i stay for a longer duration next time (approximately 3 months or so)

jdp and Atlas like this.
  7. Atlas

It sounds like you have s good plan, I hope it works out well.

hypnos likes this.
  8. jdp

jdp Member

Atlas likes this.