1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lister diesels and clones

Discussion in 'Farming, Gardening, & Homesteading' started by Atlas, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

While shopping for a generator a few years back I came across a website called utterpower.com that started infecting brain pretty much instantly. Reading through the site I came to the section on Lister diesel engines and their Indian copies. A short time later there was a couple of crates with strange writing on them in my driveway.

It has been one of the best investments I have made over the years, and while it is not a Honda, it is fun to tinker with and even more fun to listen to it run.

In this thread here I would like to have a place to share info on the engine and how they work. Below I'll post some useful links and some other cool stuff that I've found over the years.

This video is a couple of years old, I have it set up differently now, but it will at least give an idea of what the thing is.

2. Atlas

3. htfiremedic

htfiremedic New Member

Badder to the bone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlas likes this.
  4. Atlas

When I first got the listeroid running I had a 55 gallon drum modified to use as an expansion tank and let physics do the rest. This worked out ok, but when i had moved the machine the barrel set up became a hassle. Later with some thinking about a better way, I used the radiator and cooling fan from a geo metro. This seems to work well enough, the temps come up pretty slow, which is only a real issue during the winter when it's cold outside.

A thermostat will probably be the next addition. When I do decide to make this modification I will probably just use this kit from the UK.

Lister CS Thermostat Kit :: Water & Cooling :: Lister CS Spares :: Lister CS Engine Spares :: Lister Engine Spares :: Stationary Engine Parts Ltd

Other than that, I really like the cooling set up that I have now.
    20180808_073544.jpg 20180808_073609.jpg 20180808_073627.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  5. Atlas

Currently working on an electric starter for the Lister.