It's Official - Retirement Day

soyer38301

I'm really excited! Put in my "official " letter last Friday for retirement!

2/15/2021 will be my last full time day. My boss has asked if I would be willing to go "part time" (20 hour week) until june 30 for transition. I figured I was going to get a part time job anyway so I didn't go stir crazy, so why not.

But it will be on my schedule and not theirs!

That is if things don't go completely off the rails in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
That must be an incredible feeling! Good for you! Are you marking the calendar off as you go?

Reactions: twp

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
I'll lift a glass in toast to you. Congratulations!

WolfBrother

A luxury I found when I retired was that unless I had to set an alarm to be up at a specific time I could sleep until I naturally woke up.

0600 0800 1158 whenever. I haven’t really had that since about the 6th. grade. To time place that - JFK assignation happened the first half of my 6th. grade year.

Congratulations - enjoy.

soyer38301

I am currently usually up before my alarm goes off. 6-8 hours after I go to bed (sometimes less) my body says "time to get up". So the earlier I go to bed the earlier I get up. Kind of sucks but it is what it is lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
My sleep schedule is a mess. I take naps and that means I sometimes spend the entire night up and online. Then, a week later, I sleep through the night. "Retirement" can suck.