1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inventor Wins Free Speech Battle with DOJ to Distribute 3D-Printed Gun Designs

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by twp, Jul 10, 2018.

1. twp

twp Active Member

Worth a read...

Expect this to be contested, soon, in other courts. The anti-gun lobby will not let this go.

Inventor Wins Free Speech Battle with DOJ to Distribute 3D-Printed Gun Designs | Breitbart

2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I can't believe that they settled that quickly. The last I heard it was going to get swept under the rug indefinitely.

Cody Wilson is a pretty cool guy. I read a really good interview with him in recoil magazine a few years back when the lawsuit started up. He's definitely on the good guys team.

3. twp

twp Active Member

There are so many things which can be made with a 3D printer, not just guns.
    I wish I could afford one now.

4. Atlas

Our public library has one, and they teach classes on how to use it even. That's in a small town, so I would imagine a big city like yours would have something similar. I'm sure that makin an AR lower is out of the question, but it could work out for other projects.

5. twp

twp Active Member

Strangely, we don't have one in our library system. We do have a "maker" group who do have one, along with other equipment. Still, I wouldn't make a weapon on anything by my own printer.

6. Atlas

Interesting.

I would use a "burner" laptop at that.