1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information CD's, prepper knowledge library on a disk

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

I know that several people used to offer for sale CD's full of information for preppers, but I don't see that any more. Is there anyone out there doing this at this time?

twp likes this.
  2. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

I've seen offers in the past, but not in the last 3-4 months. I wonder about copyright liability on some of their material?

Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

twp likes this.
  4. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

Of course. Keeping an eye open.

5. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Active Member

Richard is still around, but after his accident he has not been able to do much with his site. He had to fight for the settlement, and with his wife's and his kids' problems, I have a feeling he might not be doing too well.

Just my opinion.

Atlas and twp like this.
  6. Atlas

That is a bummer Jerry. He is a very nice man. I believe you and I first met on his website many years ago, actually. I bought a CD off of him and he gave me all kinds of extra cool stuff as well. I really appreciated that.

Jerry D Young and twp like this.
  7. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Active Member

Yeah. He is a strange duck, but his heart has always been in the right place. Sometimes I got a bit annoyed at his attempts to commercialize and the occasional request for assistance to keep up the site, but considering his situation at the time, it was understandable.

I bought his package, and also contributed a few times to the help-the-site pleas. There was a problem with my account several years ago and I have never been able to get back on his site since. I contacted him a couple of times, but he was never able to figure out what was wrong. As my health worsened I kind of quit trying. I saw an update on LinkedIn here while back, and he seems to be doing okay, except for the accident and getting the settlement.

Just my opinion.

Atlas and twp like this.
  8. Atlas

twp likes this.