1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did the exact thing I never wanted to do.

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by hypnos, Sep 12, 2019.

1. hypnos

hypnos Moderator Staff Member

I became a resident of Washington as of yesterday.

Didn't want to do it. But, unfortunately my living situation dictated to me the best and only real option for me in the (hopefully) short term.

I said "never". That's my first mistake. @Atlas was right! :(

Idaho is very close, and I was left wishing the living situation there would have been an option, unfortunately it isn't yet.

Luckily I have a permanent place to hang my hat, and for the amount I'm paying vs. What I am getting is an unbeatable deal. My finances, unfortunately being the deciding factor.

Damn.

Atlas likes this.
  2. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

Optimistically, you might become a resident of the State of Liberty at some point in the future... No time period being given.

hypnos and Atlas like this.
  3. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

At least it's not California, Illinois, or New Jersey!

hypnos and twp like this.
  4. hypnos

I hope so! I noticed that they never even allowed that to be voted on. Saying it was "ridiculous" to even entertain the idea...no problem to have a special vote on gun laws that few even knew about.

Atlas and twp like this.
  5. twp

Ridiculous... Right... I hope they get a rude surprise in the future...:p

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  6. hypnos

I found out the real story today while doing some window shopping at the local gun stores.

A Walmart employee, while friendly enough and probably "on the right team" informed me that the new law states their won't be any more sales of semi autos in Washington. He meant Walmart. Walmart will not sell them.
    He wrongly informed me that all semi autos will be subject to new laws, to include handguns. This is not the case.

Only semi auto rifles (all semi autos including the 10/22) are now under the classification as "assault weapons".

You must take a safety class (not a permit class, the lowest cost is $20.00 for an online course) that test result will then be submitted to the local sheriffs dept, and a federal background check WILL NOW include your mental health information.
    The wait period is now 10 days. It seems to be mainly geared toward criminal cases where mental illness or distress may be a factor, like domestic violence. But, It wasn't told (because it wasn't known by this dealer) if the mental health background includes private medical information. I would venture to say, yes. It probably does. They will extend the wait period to longer if they are not satisfied and at that point will make a decision (based on what guideline???) To accept or deny your application for ownership of a "assault weapon"

The feds apparently decided to tell the state that "we will conduct all of your checks, or none of them" Washington bowed, they now do all of the background checks in a NICS framework.

A valid concealed carry permit is not a substitute for a purchasing permit now, despite that being the most logical step, presumably because the state would not want to lower the crime rate by allowing more people to conceal and carry a firearm. The CCW permit is seperate.

Atlas and twp like this.
  7. twp

Time to move?

hypnos likes this.
  8. hypnos

Hahahaha. I wish I wasn't forced into residency by being here. But, yes. As soon as I get the opportunity. I have been a resident now for two days and the thought of what is happening to my tax dollars is already enough to make my blood boil.

Atlas likes this.
  9. twp

They believe in "Render unto Caesar". It's their money and you just get to use some of it... :rolleyes:

Atlas and hypnos like this.
  10. hypnos

That's exactly it. I just watched nearly half a check blow away. I worked 70 hours a couple weeks back for an extra 300$

Atlas likes this.
  11. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

Wow. That is actually worse than California.