Hurricane - Hurricane, Storm Surge Watches Issued For Gulf Coast; Hurricane Delta Landfall Expected Friday

jimLE

To bad I don't know any locations that'll protect me from hurricane and tornado.and with mountain surrounding it.

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Head for the Colorado/New Mexico Rocky Mountains...

WolfBrother

Doing my normal updates for my Stepson and his family in the Greater Houston Metro Area. It’s moving fairly quickly making the BO watch a bit more critical. I’m retired so I have the time to do the watch and the understanding with them that I’ll keep them informed via text. Ultimately the decision is theirs unless I call him and say, “Bug Out Now, let me know when you’re on the road and I’ll tell you why.” He knows that I’d never do that unless it was a BO RFN, do not pass go, just go situation.

As it stands right now (6 hours ago - the 1600 update ) the GHMA will be getting outer bands rain but otherwise the storm track puts his AO in the dry side. It’s close the time for me to do another eval and send it to them.

twp

Staff member
Keeping the watch is a necessary job, Thanks for your effort.

jimLE

My sis and her ole man should be away from the gulf coast, and at one of her kids home by now.on account where she lives flood's every time.last time.it got 2 feet deep,

twp

Staff member
Sounds like time to move to higher ground?

jimLE

I think she finally learned that. Lol

WolfBrother

Over the past 24 hours Delta’s projected track has drifted slightly westward.

The projected center line intersection with IH-10:
Yesterday roughly half way between Lake Charles on the West and Lafayette on the East.
Today it has moved to the west making the projected IH-10 crossing about 3/4 the distance from Lafayette on the East to Lake Charles to the West.

Yesterday the IH-10 western cone of uncertainty was about five miles East of Beaumont.
Today the intersection is in the middle of Beaumont.

If no major directional changes happen by about 0600 tomorrow, Louisiana is going to bear the brunt again.

The GHMA, according to KHOU.com is supposed to get up to 3/4”. And some 20+ mph winds tomorrow.

StepSons prep level remains at normal.
That means GAG bags are at the ready. All vehicles NLT 1/2 full.

In the past, I have gone so far as to call - not text - him to tell him to RFN fill all vehicles and to pack but not load the BO containers. 3 hours after that call the storm made a sharp NEastward turn and all they got was hard rains. Had that turn not happened, I was going to tell him to BO. That call would have come about 3 hours after the storm turn happened. That was several years ago.

WolfBrother

Right now Landfall around 1900 hours tomorrow thru the center of Lower Mud Lake about a mile W of Grand Chenier, LA .
29.7669047,-93.0101659 or there 'bouts.

It will probably bobble around a bit so the above is a WAG

WolfBrother

Land fall @1800 +-
drifted left about a mile or two

Biggest change Dropped from cat 3 to cat 2

96-110 mph winds as opposed to 111-129 mph

twp

Staff member
I expect the rains are already falling on southern Louisiana.

WolfBrother

My tracking is specific to letting my Stepson and his family know what to expect. As soon as my opinion is formed as to very little or no impact. I tell him that and simply send out the occasional text " <Hurricane name> Update - Ping ". with that they know impact to their AO is still the same. After that it becomes mainly has it made landfall yet.

LA has been getting Outer band rains since yesterday and today. It's close enough for direct winds and rain to be happening.

twp

Staff member
Louisiana is reporting 593,000+ are without power now, Texas at 105,000+ powerless. This also means communications, such as the 'net, are likely no longer working for those households.

https://poweroutage.us/

This is a dynamic list and changes frequently.

twp

Staff member