1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pick your news sources

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by twp, May 13, 2019 at 3:32 PM.

1. twp

twp Administrator Staff Member

With the current political games being played, by all parties, I'm frequently inundated by a huge set of news reports. It is NOT easy to pick and choose which ones to trust and which to verify... (Thank you Ronald Reagan).

Lately, it has become easier because the various social media sites have been blacklisting and removing news sources and pundits. This points some fingers at who might be saying things which make too much sense (and which oppose the mass media story line).

That is my hint for the day: watch what the media is doing and look in the opposite direction. If a given news source is being "shadow blocked" and having their social media access removed, then perhaps they really are something worthwhile reading.

Sadly, it also means having to read the main stream media (mostly drivel) to note who is being blackballed and thrown out of the clubhouse...

I'm not the only one to have noticed this and you can see new websites and news services being started in an effort to give a platform to those who are considered dangerous by mass media. Sure, some websites are "over the line" and may sound too far "right wing"... It's up to you to make your own evaluation...

I'll admit that I have bookmarked some news sources, only to come back later and remove the bookmark because I could not wade through their content...

I hope this gives some of you some guidance in how you get your daily dose of news/opinion/gossip... It is Contrarian News Reading, similar to Contrarian Investing.

Atlas likes this.
  2. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member

It's no easy task to sort through this stuff. Thank you for the advice.

twp likes this.