How bad is the coming Dark Winter going to be?

How bad will it be?

• Slight Doom

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Medium Doom

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Massive Doom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extinction Level Event

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
There's a lot of talk about how bad this winter is going to be, but I'd like to hear what everyone thinks it will be like. Vote in the poll and add a comment on why you chose what you did.

Reactions: twp

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
My opinion:
Some areas are going to be slight to almost none.
Some areas are going to be moderate (medium)
The rest are going to be crap.

Both Coasts are going to be crap because of the huge Blue voting populations.
The states adjoining the east coast are going to be crap because the Blue voters are going to try to get away from their crap.
The Amish and such East of the Mississippi are going to be over run by Blue voters because ”Everybody knows they put food up and can grow it”

The Red voters in the states adjoining the West Coast states will have to deal with the hoards of Blue voters and “Yo’s” heading east to get away from their crap.

Blue cities in the rest of the states are going to be crap
Most of the Red voters in surrounding counties aren’t going to put up with their crap.

If I could, I’d block every bridge ( road, railroad, and utility ) crossing the Mississippi.
There are places on the Western Interstate highways that could be blocked. If you look closely there are spots that have no adjoining service roads, just a stretch of only Interstate. They usually cross a geographic barrier - like a river. I think the original planners of the Federal Interstate Highway system built in tactical and strategic barriers as part of the system.

As you know about opinions - Opinions are like lower posterior orifices. Most everyone has one and sometimes they stink.

Last edited:

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
I've long been a believer in the (paraphrased) statement by Rush Limbaugh: "We've known about Climate Change/Global Warming for many years, we even have a name for it: Weather".

We are now in the winter season and pundits will make it appear that this is a doomsday level crisis. "If you say something often enough, people will believe it is the truth". Oh God, we're all gonna die... NOT

The younger segment of the population is most susceptible to this because they lack the life experience of weather cycles. Some years are better than others, in terms of how severe the seasonal changes are perceived. Our media (MSM) are notorious for showing the whole world how horrible the weather is, by showing a localized storm and implying that it is happening over a much larger area.

It is hard to sell "Global Warming" in the winter, so it is called Climate Change, until winter is over and we go into summer...

Yeah, I'm skeptical...

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
I’m not necessarily thinking of weather. Although I think this coming winter will be interesting.

twp

Staff member
As in the Chinese curse kind of "interesting"... I agree.

Steverino

Trusted Member
I think its gonna be based on specific location... not "Blue" or "red" state...

Examples:

The San Francisco Bay Area is gonna be screwed. But is you live 400 miles north in the city of Alturas (pop 2,827) life won't be nearly as bad....

People in Boise ID proper (which is way more blue) than the rest of ID... will likely have it harder than the less populous towns....

twp

Staff member
Ummm... I first interpreted the OP question strictly in terms of weather, my bad. In terms of society the term "Dark Winter" has much broader (darker) meaning...

Several things are on my radar with respect to this coming winter season (not weather related):

First, we need to see the fact <trumpets play here> that the COVID-19 Scamdemic is a (the?) major driving force on society, world-wide.

1) Food shortages are high on my list and their radar profile is triggering red flags for me, as a Prepper.
2) Fuel Availability is next on my list. The current US gobermunt administration is Deliberately killing our fuel infrastructure. Think of a cold winter for too many people.
3) Medical Services is in third place. Both personnel and medicines are looking scarce. Layoffs of the unvaccinated doctors and nurses and drug manufactures who threatening to fire employees who refuse to take the not-a-vaccine.
4) Military Service Members are being threatened with dismissal from service and financial penalty for refusing the not-a-vaccine.
5) The not-a-vaccine is also being called "the Kill Shot" because it not only fails to cure COVID-19, it INCREASES the spread of the disease. This looks like a biological weapon and while it may have arose in China, it is being used by TPTB world-wide.
6) Treatments which WORK TO KILL THE VIRUS are being suppressed by both government and medical organizations. I'm referring to Ivermectin, HydroxyChloroquine, Quercetin/Zinc and perhaps others.
7) Possible Total Mandate for the not-a-vaccine. That may be a government mandate applied to everyone, no exceptions allowed. This, if it happens, is also a Red Flag Trigger for opposition, up to and including revolution.

Sleep tight, but be "ready"... Get it? I'm NOT going to state in words exactly what "ready" might mean. Read between the fargin lines here and DON"T post something which might draw the attention of the men in black, 'K?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we will continue on with the medium Doom that we have been living with for a while now. Some things will get worse, while others may actually improve.

twp

Staff member
I'd welcome any improvements...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm seeing one improvement already, the forest fire season is over. That and we didn't even have on PSPS this year.

Dogman

Trusted Member
I won't lose any sleep over it..What happens, happens..I cannot change it, slow it down or speed it up..All i can do is deal with the situations as they happen..

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I find that when I look at things this way @Dogman I am often less stressed and that means I am more capable of dealing with issues in a clear and concise manner. While emotions take a roll in everything that we do, it is best to stick to the long term plan and ride it out.

Steverino

Trusted Member
I find that when I look at things this way @Dogman I am often less stressed and that means I am more capable of dealing with issues in a clear and concise manner. While emotions take a roll in everything that we do, it is best to stick to the long term plan and ride it out.

I agree. There's a certain degree of hyperbole that has been promulgated by well respected preppers that has resulted in a sort of myopic hysteria that doesn't appear rooted in logic. The "Golden Horde" is one example.... I remember reading about that in a Rawles book, and in several other pieces of prepper fiction. Logic doesn't support it when considering lines of egress, road capacity, terrain and the likelihood of a government restricting movement intentionally.

I absolutely believe "location + preparation = isolation".... meaning the more rural and self sufficient one is, the more likely they'll be isolated from societal disruptions.

Jerry D Young

Trusted Member
I marked Slight Doom, since I feel that the coming Dark Winter is only a starting point for a progressively worsening situation. Bits and pieces of some bad things are going to become obvious, and the demands to 'Fix these problems!' will then not only make them worse but create even more problems, slightly to moderately worse than the first ones.

Due to fear and direct social manipulation by TPTB that want more and more confusion, more and more blame being spread, creating more and more hatred between all factions and groups, the calls will go out for crackdowns, martial law, re-education camps, resource confiscation and redistribution based on compliance to government requirements.

When TPTB believes enough people are under their control the final steps to reduce the population and bring on their elite lifestyle enabled by those being subjugated doing the work with little resistance.

Assuming appeasement of the Chinese and Russians, and control of the rogue states of North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the one and two-issue state players like India/Pakistan, Taiwan and other Chinese claimed territories, Israel/Arab/Muslim nations, and the major players that now are contemplating colonization efforts to stabilize and ensure the food and other resources their populations need to keep them from overthrowing existing governments, and there not being any major catastrophic events that could trigger just about anything, and we may have three years.

Slight, to start, but progressing to the collapse of civilization as we know it, minor armageddon, and then rebuilding.

Just my opinion.

Day To Day Preppers