How available is food in your local stores?

jimLE

Not to mention.crossing your fingers will slow your typing.lol

twp

Admin, DuckDuckGo No Longer Recommended
Staff member
Dang, you're right! Plus my spelling got better.:p

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Our stores seem to be keeping up with inventories here.

Reactions: twp

WolfBrother

Not saying empty shelves but locally i looks like the shelves are not being stocked as high or deep. like there are supplies, just not as many.

twp

Staff member
@WolfBrother. Same case here, the shelves have items, with no completely empty shelves, but they are not stacked as deeply. Starting a couple of years back, pre-corona virus, our local grocery stopped stacking cases of goods above the retail shelves (like you see in "big box" stores). Those stacks would go well over 10 feet high, totally out of reach of customers. But no more. The shelves themselves have been rearranged with more space between but fewer shelf racks in the store. It makes for wider isles, but less overall stock. I think that, at that time, the company moved to a more Just-In-Time delivery system from their warehouses. Then Corona hit and shipping become much less reliable, hence empty shelves, for a while.

Last edited:

jimLE

Finally went shopping today, there were bare spot's in the beef,pork and chicken sections.a employee was restocking the bacon section thoe. I forgot to check the toliet paper, paper towels and cleaning sections,

soyer38301

Just got back from meyers. Shelves were actually quite full. Beef, pork, and chicked on sale.

Picked up an 8 lb pork loin for 10.00. About 6 lbs of chicked breast for under 10. 3 lbs grnd beef for 4.71...

Assundry other things for less than normal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Finally went shopping today, there were bare spot's in the beef,pork and chicken sections.a employee was restocking the bacon section thoe. I forgot to check the toliet paper, paper towels and cleaning sections,
Does this mean that your test came back negative!

jimLE

Still nothing on the test.i ran out of certain foods.and I simply had to get out for a few.from going stir Krazy.

twp

Staff member
Good Luck jimLE.

jimLE

Got the test the 7th or the 8th if I remember right.if not 1or 2 day's sooner.

twp

Staff member
Shopping report, today 8/1/20
No limits on raw meats
Chicken Thighs 0.92/lb
Hamburger 3.44/lb
Pork chops 1.08/lb

Canned Chili, has gone up about 33%, 8 pack was $6, is now $8

Walmart had some empty shelves and they were in the process of moving stuff around. Don't know if that is a real shortage or just end of month restocking as this is normally a rush time (end of month payday).
No TP shortages seen.

Sam's Club had some limits (tuna, one six pack per customer) Canned chicken, one per customer (6 packs)

[edit] Everybody (every single one) was wearing masks...

Last edited:

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason the freezer section was pretty well picked over on my shopping trip today. The rest of the store was well stocked, but prices are definitely going up!

twp

Staff member
I don't know why the freezer section would be low stocked. No holiday coming up.

soyer38301

Local grocery was well stocked. Prices are going up. That cheap loaf of bread that cost 2.00 last month is now almost 4.00. Glad I bake my own most of the time. But a good sandwich loaf is nice once in a while!

Meat section was good. Pork chops were buy one get one, so I got 4

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

twp

Staff member
I was out yesterday and noted that bacon was more pricey then at the start of August. Nothing was packaged in 16 ounce packs. Prices were from 5.98/12 Oz to 9.00/12 Oz!!!!
As noted above, the bacon end pieces were much more expensive than the sliced bacon AND the end pieces have less actual protein in them, mostly fat.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know why the freezer section would be low stocked. No holiday coming up.
I'm not really sure what was going on there. Maybe it was only due to the fact I was in there on a sunday. Not quite sure.

jimLE

I did my primary shopping last friday.there were empty slots when it comes to bacon.chicken was thinned out so much,I was lucky to get 2 packages of boneless chicken breast.i had forgotten to get trash bags,so I went to a different store yesterday.same issue with bacon and chicken.but not quite as bad.thats at 2 different Wal Marts.