How available is food in your local stores?

twp

Admin, Make DuckDuckGo.com Your Search Engine.
Staff member
We have 12 days before our next shopping trip, so I haven't seen what is in stock (or not).

What are you seeing in your area?
How much is on the shelves?
What are prices like?

soyer38301

Last I was at the store most things were in decent supply.

Meat was higher per pound. Not great quantities but available. What I did find as far as meat goes...tried to purchase a package deal from a local butcher...said they were not doing those right now because of the volitility of the market. Going to speak to the farmer neighbor that raises cattle. And see what I can work out for a half of beef.

Flour was pretty scarce as was yeast.

Canned goods, rice, and pasta were in good supply. Plenty of vegies to be had.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I had to stop into the local store today. There was some TP, but not much, and the rest of the store was pretty well stocked. The checker said they were real close to dropping the coronavirus rules and that she was tired of it.

Reactions: twp

WolfBrother

Shelves are filling back up.

Meat is higher and limited in selection.

The flour section seems to be staying on the v e r y s l o w to get back filled up path. Flour, corn meal, yeast the basic baking stuff.

jimLE

I did my primary shopping back on the 6th of the month.only shortage I saw was on bacon.there was 4 or 5 sections in the bacon section with bacon.rest was empty.including the 2Lb and 3Lb packages was gone.

twp

Staff member
I miss having bacon. It's been too expensive for us for many months.

jimLE

store bought bacon bits cost even more.plus they don't taste right.so I buy a 3Lb package and make my own,in which that'll last me 2 to 3 months.

twp

Staff member
@jimLE, about how much does 3lb of bacon cost in your area? Assuming you can find it in stores.

jimLE

It depends on which one I buy,it'll cost between $14 and $18.

twp

Staff member
Too high for us and we're seeing $5 for 12 ounces or $6.67/lb. No bulk packaging.

PS: at least they're not selling it by the slice... yet...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I buy it as a treat now and then, but for being a cheap cut of meat it sure is expensive! I do enjoy eating bacon, but it goes straight to my hips.