Happy Thanksgiving!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I hope that all of you have a wonderful day filled with good company and good food.

As for me, I am thankful for each and every one of you for making this site great.

Happy Thanksgiving!

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
Right back at you.

My wife and I are doing TGiving at home. The kids have other (spousal) relatives they’re with this year. My wife has some mobility impairments, enough that it kinda/sorta off puts her from eating out like we used to. Especially on holidays.

I‘ve got two turkey breasts cooking (almost 10 pounds total) and will be doing a cornbread dressing with gravy. Some veggies and an apple pie (frozen store bought) for dessert.

I’ve had Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents, parents, in-laws, other relatives, .mil mess halls, on duty while a FFighter/EMT/Rescue and like this year at home. Same same Christmas dinner. In their own way, each was good.

So for all who see this have a good Thanksgiving.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Similar for me. I've had everything from the worst meal ever to some pretty good ones. This year was ok.

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
The jury is still out on our Turkey Day feast. Not ready until about 2 am tomorrow, but looks good, with all the "fixins".

Last edited:

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
You're not supposed to stick the turkey in the oven frozen @twp!

• Wow
Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
<Snerk> Ooooh!:D:D:D:D They should have told me that when we bought it!

Actually, it was frozen and took 3 hours to thaw. Now it's cooking for 5 1/4 hours. I think I'll take a nap now.

Dogman

Trusted Member
I pigged out with a "lean cuisine frozen meal..A little bit of turkey and dressing with apple slices..For #3.00 that's all i could afford..

jimLE

I slow cooked a 7 1/2 LB turkey cornbread stuffing and instant potatoes.didnt spend Thanksgiving with any family.so I shared with friends.

twp

Staff member
We're still eating turkey from Thanksgiving. I just submerged the mostly stripped carcass in the crockpot of perpetual soup. I expect that to last for another three days, at least. Yes, I'm tired of turkey. o_O

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Tired of turkey! Is that really possible?

• Haha
Reactions: twp

twp

Staff member
Absolutely! I might be ready again for Christmas, but I don't want to even think about Turkey right now.
Besides, we have two turkeys in DC now, hiding among the vultures.

jimLE

Dry turkey is what I'm tired of.in which the one I cooked was very moist.and I'm already thinking of Christmas turkey.

Day To Day Preppers