1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking

Discussion in 'The Main Board' started by Atlas, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

In this article they talk about tips to keep your information safe(r) while browsing the net.

Every prepper should be aware of the dangers that exist and take precautions to protect themselves.

2. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

There is a wealth of good suggestions in that article. Thank you!
    The site has a large number of articles related to hosting, privacy and security.

I'll spend some time and look at NameCheap.com features. They appear to offer hosting as well as domain registration. More later.

Atlas likes this.
  3. Atlas

Atlas Administrator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

Cool, if you find any more good ones be sure to share them!

4. twp

twp Moderator Staff Member Survival Class Instructor

NameCheap does have low prices, but they can also nickle-and-dime you with other fees. I notice that they claim everyone will need an SSL certificate. I can't confirm that because I've not looked at it. That certificate has an annual fee attached.

They offer a ONE YEAR free deal, but after that you're still billed for this.

They also charge for an (optional) email address with your domain name. Nice, but added cost.

Overall, I think they are one of lower cost hosts but you have to be careful to get all the fees agreed on before ordering server space form them.

I will keep looking.

Atlas likes this.