Gee, retirement has been fun.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
I retired Dec 31, 2016

Since then I’ve had to have my L hip replaced. I broke my R foot and had a 31/2 hr surgery to get it to good not great fixed. Then two bone trims to fine tune the foot. Then that little cool spell last Feb. Then the day before Christmas I did a lurching stumble and caught myself with an side extended R arm. Turns up I sustained a partial tear to one of the elbow/bicep tendons. I hade it fixed yesterday in a 30 min surgery with close to a 4 month recovery.

I‘m typing with my middle finger of the motion limited splinted arm. Turns out the middle finger in this case being longer makes it easier to peck with.

Its plumb fun being L handed in a R hand world.

Now I’m otherwise good. I can use my R fingers and do listen very carefully when my arm tells me too much. It is sore and if I move it too much will hurt a bit so I am being very careful.

How you folks out there doing?

twp

Admin, Startpage=OK. Google=BAD. DuckDuckGo=Nope
Staff member
Ya'll get better fast! At least you have a middle finger to make emphatic gestures <g>.

Age - It Sucks! Ask me how I know...

jimLE

Trusted Member
hope you get better soon. I'm a lefty as well. Yeah it's interesting at times when it pays to be right handed.but yet.i have learned to do very few things right handed.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
@jimLE I am normally R hand dominant. This is the second time in my life I’ve been forced to be Al dominate for most things.

I am “goofy” eyed.

R foot dominant.
R hand dominant.
L eye dominant.

WolfBrother

Trusted Member
After I retired I discovered an unexpected luxury that comes with it.

Unless I or my wife has an appointment somewhere I can sleep until I naturally wake up. Whether it’s 0600 or 0800 or 0900 or whenever I simply can sleep until I naturally wake.

Now that’s a luxury.

jimLE

Trusted Member
Yeah. That's definitely a enjoyable treasure.there are time's in which I do sleep in late.but yet,my last job required that I be up n about by 6am.in which I've pretty much stuck with that time frame.

Day To Day Preppers